Milodan Windage Tray Installation Modifications

nito88stang

Founding Member
May 23, 2002
Fullerton, California
Well i just finished installing a Milodan windage tray into a 306 rebuild. I installed it using the ARP stud kit for it. **WARNING** This is not a bolt on and requires, cuttin and banging. For those of you who are installing one or one similar lemme show ya where to cut and bang.

First here's the sum bisch installed
windagetraytop.jpg

First on the pickup tube side you're gonna have to cut a 1.5" x 2" piece so that you can bolt the pickup tube down using the main bolt. It boggles the mind why this cut is not there. Otherwise you have to shave off the pickup tube bracket and let it dangle
windagetraymainhole.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Next you'll have to apply the BFH to this area (between oil pump and previous cut) so that pickup tube bracket and the main will align. I just beat on it till it got close then used the bolt as i tightened it down to bend the rest into shape. Make sure the rods still clear.
windagetraypickuptubemod.jpg

This is the "clearance" you'll be left with :nonono:
windagetraytubeclearance.jpg

On the other side you'll have to cut another square out so that the dipstick tube will be able to fit. Then you'll have to bang on top of the square so that the actual dipstick will fit
windagetraydipsticktubecutfar.jpg

Finally you're gonna have to bend the dipstick up towards you so that it will clear the tray and not get mangled by the crank/rods
dipstickclearanceside.jpg

In order for it to clear the rods in the first place it needed like 3 washers on each stud. Still clears oil pan. The key to installing this is knowing it needs modification in the first place and not trying to make it work as is. I stood there like an arse for an hour like a 3 yr old with lego's trying to make it fit. May God help ye with stroker kits, but this is how i got it to work with a 306. Peace............

Juan