Mobile-Ease ???

GT-03

Dec 12, 2003
Being a new design, does anyone know if Ford will be offering its new Mobile-Ease in the S197 Mustang? Mobile-Ease is a built-in handsfree or speaker phone for a cell phone, which connects up via Bluetooth. It looks very similar to the Uconnect Chrysler is offering on most of its cars and trucks.

• Sponsors (?)

At least right now, it would be a dealer installed option if offered. However, from what I have been able to get out of the little info available, the "key" is a compatible radio.

Lincoln's radios are compatible starting in 2004. I wonder if the S197's new Shaker radios will also be compatible. :shrug:

I am also wondering about the current Mustang's Mach radios which have that dual Mute and Phone button on them, with no explanation of what the Phone function is suppose to be (other than drawing attention to the Mute button for those too dumb to know to press it while on their cell phone).

The deck that is in the S197 Mustang will support automatic cell phone muting as well as external input from a cell phone. In other words, the deck will support what you want to do, but you will need a third party harnesses and cradle to do it. Ford isn't offering it as an option. Albeit, it may be a dealer installed option as someone else pointed out.