Mopar Guy With 07 Gt 4.6

Moparmat2000

Jan 22, 2018
Hi y'all,

I have always been a mopar guy, but had a soft spot for the 67/68 fastbacks after watching the movie bullitt. Oh i loved the charger too and owned several over the years. Bought my 2007 GT brand new. It currently has onlt 8,900 miles on it and is garage kept. I played the option sheets and ordered exactly what i wanted. Vista blue GT deluxe 5 speed 3.55 w a locker, added leather seats, upgraded gage package with brushed aluminum trim, and my color changable backlighting, seat heaters, deleted spoiler. This car is great out of the box. I only added small improvements in looks and performance. Its a great road trip car. I am also restoring a 1967 plymouth barracuda Well thats my story.

Matt

Attachments

• 20160929_123238.jpg
    20160929_123238.jpg
    557.3 KB · Views: 74
  • 20160929_123256.jpg
    20160929_123256.jpg
    566.7 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Thanks for the kind words. I love this car. I got a few 8.8 questions though. I got a 2001 explorer 8.8 with the 3L73 gears going in the barracuda. It has solid rotors integral shoe brakes for the parking brake which i cannot adapt to the mopar brake cables. I am wanting to use S197 parts and install vented rear rotors along with the mustang calipers that have the park brake built into the caliper and eliminate the hokey internal shoe brake. Are there more knowledgable people on this forum that know if the S197 brakes, rotors, and brackets are a straight across swap to the explorer rear.

This route was was cheaper for me than rebuilding a mopar 8&3/4 (like a 9" ford) with drop out 3rd member. That route would have cost me $1,300 and piece it together from multiple sources and still end up w rear drum brakes. Exploder axle cost me $300 and its got the right gears, wheel bolt pattern and a locker. I just got to come up with a good and safe solution for the parking brake cable setup.

I really like the car a lot. Never had a brand new muscle car. Always had to fix up old beat to :poo: ones. Prob the reason for the mileage being so low. Its never been out in the rain either. The 3 biggest improvements i made to it mechanically were steeda polyurethane shifter bushings, saleen short throw shifter adaptor, and flowmasters. The 2 shifter improvements made it much more notchy, and precise like a rifle bolt. And much tighter through the gears. Before that it was kind wet noodle feeling. With 3rd and 5th i felt like my knuckles were going to hit the heater control switches. And the flowmasters, well that just makes it sound even better. I'm more old school than anything else i prefer to say it has a 281 cubic inch to a 4.6 liter.