MSD Ignition Questions

allcarfan

The Answer Man
Founding Member
Apr 8, 2001
North Atlanta
Welp,

I got my MSD pro billet Dist for a song this weekend :nice: . It has a single vacuum advance and a two-prong plug that comes out of it. I didnt get any instructions with it, so here are my assumptions...let me know what you all think....

The two-prong plug plugs into an MSD ignition box :shrug:

The wires that go to my dist now, go to the MSD ignition box :shrug:

All done? (other than wiring the ignition box up) :shrug:

My question - this plug that comes off the new distributor...is there some kind of extension that I can buy? its only about 8" long, I dont think that will reach to my drivers side fenderwall!!

shane

• Sponsors (?)

allcarfan said:
Welp,

I got my MSD pro billet Dist for a song this weekend :nice: . It has a single vacuum advance and a two-prong plug that comes out of it. I didnt get any instructions with it, so here are my assumptions...let me know what you all think....

The two-prong plug plugs into an MSD ignition box :shrug:

The wires that go to my dist now, go to the MSD ignition box :shrug:

All done? (other than wiring the ignition box up) :shrug:

My question - this plug that comes off the new distributor...is there some kind of extension that I can buy? its only about 8" long, I dont think that will reach to my drivers side fenderwall!!

shane

Hey Shane...

You can download the instructions from http://www.msdignition.com. Go to the downloads section. It's pretty simple...

I'm confused whether you already have the MSD Ignition, or if you're planning on getting one. It comes with more than enough wire to make it to the distributor, from just about anywhere under the hood. If you're using a conventional ignition system, I have the connector you'll need for that hookup. Its yours if you need it...

allcarfan said:
Thanks GP.....

I will pay $10 for shipping - that way you can make a few bucks.

I'll look for it tomorrow. I'm not looking to make anything off it. If you go with the one GA is offering just let me know here or PM me. Otherwise, I will e-mail you a pic of the harnesses I have and you can tell me which one will work.