Murphy's Law #341: As soon as you wax your car, it rains.

Caldwell

Apr 27, 2004
Ontario Canada
Aaaaand, how typical is that...
I finally got the car on the road, I got a rim replacement (for now) and two new sets of tires. I'm still buying 18s, but I won't tell you what yet.
Anywho...
friggin yeah man, I spent 8 hours cleaning the car, polishing, waxing, and it was looking like its old self again.
The very next day, BAM, it rains:

first2006b.jpg

first2006d.jpg

But, thankfully, I saw the carnage of the weather and was able to dart outside in the nick of time to wipe it all off and tire foam it up.
it turned out pretty nicely, but again, it's still not the same as a fresh waxin
:fuss:

first2006c.jpg

first2006.jpg

What wax do you usually use?

• Sponsors (?)

wytstang said:
Megs #16 :hail2:
Sealant- 4 Stars Ultimate Paint Protection....

Isn't that stuff expensive?
I'm familiar with the megs, but 4 stars is out of my field of knowledge.

95riosnake said:
lookin good! I also usually get rain every time i wash the car.

As far as wax, I use Turtle Wax Platinum Series. Very nice finish and it isn't hard to buff off like some waxes.

thanks, it turned out okay afterwards, but there were (i call them) swipe marks that the camera sometimes doesn't pick up.

turtle wax eh? I'm usin the meguiars now, but it's a pain in the ass to buff out. Although their first step (#1 - Paint cleaner is amazing)
I did debate on the turtle wax - how long does it usually last?

Caldwell said:
Isn't that stuff expensive?

thanks, it turned out okay afterwards, but there were (i call them) swipe marks that the camera sometimes doesn't pick up.

turtle wax eh? I'm usin the meguiars now, but it's a pain in the ass to buff out. Although their first step (#1 - Paint cleaner is amazing)
I did debate on the turtle wax - how long does it usually last?

Megs #16 was discontinued awhile back and you're probably not gonna find it now. #26 High Tech yellow wax works well on black, as does S100.

If that were my car, I'd use the megs paint cleaner...Duragloss Clear Coat Polish (actually a synthetic sealant)...then the Megs #7 show car glaze and top that all off with the #26 yellow wax or the S100

5.0_GT_kid said:
If that were my car, I'd use the megs paint cleaner...Duragloss Clear Coat Polish (actually a synthetic sealant)...then the Megs #7 show car glaze and top that all off with the #26 yellow wax or the S100
I wouldn't do that :nono: sealants NEED 24 hours inbetween cure times before adding anything on top. Also most glazes have some cleaners in it so it may remove some of the sythetic so you end up compromising it's long lasting protection. A sythetic should only be topped with a carnuba wax that have very mild to no cleaners in it.
4 Stars is a boutique line of detailing products like Poorboys World, Klasse, Sonus, Pinnacle, Wolfgang, ect, ect. Boutique detailing lines are like going from stock heads to TW/AFR heads made better and quality unmatched. 4 Stars Utimate Paint Protection is pretty affordable at $20
http://www.detailersparadise.com/View.asp?ProductID=91162005239392-2491365463

I feel for ya

I washed all 3 cars Friday, and smartly put the Mustang back in the garage as it's not going anywhere soon :mad: damm tranny! but thats another story. I cleaned up the people mover and the wifes civic :mad: had to use rubbing compound on several scatches down the passenger side which she picked up at Limeridge Mall (Caldwell I'm sure you've been up to it) That SOB clipped the right quarter panel just behind the wheel, right mirror, and rear quarter panel. What a A$$hole! No respect! and no matter how often I ask her she will not park in the overflow parking and she works in the mall. She nevers learns, which is fine I'll never buy her another new car again for as long as she works out of a mall! Sorry for the rant.

Jinx and Michael... LOL
:rlaugh:

you guys are hilarious.

Mootang, when did you move to england?

Wyt showed me a good few ways on cleaning my white leather seats, so I will say the gentleman knows a thing or two.
but again, good posts, thanks for the tips, I'll give these things a try.

wytstang said:
4 Stars Utimate Paint Protection is pretty affordable at $20

I'll be on the hunt for the sh-tuff tomorrow, thanks again :nice:

wytstang said:
I wouldn't do that :nono: sealants NEED 24 hours inbetween cure times before adding anything on top. Also most glazes have some cleaners in it so it may remove some of the sythetic so you end up compromising it's long lasting protection. A sythetic should only be topped with a carnuba wax that have very mild to no cleaners in it.

When I spoke to the Duragloss reps, they stated it didn't need that long of a cure time :shrug: So I just let it sit for a few hours to be safe, then added the glaze and wax on top.

Seems to work well for me, as I haven't re-applied anything to the car since I did it all the time again, and the shine and water beading are still there. :nice:

91LX_5L said:
Sweet man too funny the same thing happned to me, but i rolled her in the garage for a few hrs till it blew buy so shes still hella shiny.

Car looks great man, cant wait for u to buy new wheels. I love rims.

I'm so addicted to rims, it's sick i know.
i'm not sure when i'm getting them only because there's a few things on the list first...

my vert bar should be here tuesday.
:banana:

i have a garage, but it's down a pathway that's so freaking dusty... i might as well take the car off road every time i drive down it.