Mustang engines and sound

• Sponsors (?)

4.6 4v>4.6 2v>5.0

the 5.0 sounds like a truck imo. The 4.6 has a nice exotic tone.

I've owned a 5.0 before btw, i liked the way it sounded but even then i thought the 4.6's sounded better.

It really depends on the exhaust set-up, there are some 4v's that just wow me, but for the most part i'd have to say the 2v's sound better.

Interesting how they're all sorta the same like people know it's a mustang coming but to the trained ears of enthusiasts we can for the most part tell wether it's a 5.0, a 4.6 2v or a 4.6 4v. Of course for me I'm biased but I love the sound of my 4v spinning at 6000 rpms+ with the magnaflow setup I have. My neighbor does have a pretty sweet sounding 93 5.0 with headers, gutted cats and blowmasters.

96-98 2v GT's. they are pretty loud stock compared to new stangs stock for stock.

Seems after 98 all v8 mustangs came stock with quiet mufflers.. (01GT) and esp the damn 03-04 Cobra.

edit: How did the topic change? He said STOCK.. not moded exhaust lol.. people are listing MAC muffler videos and stuff.

96-98 2v GT's. they are pretty loud stock compared to new stangs stock for stock.

Seems after 98 all v8 mustangs came stock with quiet mufflers.. (01GT) and esp the damn 03-04 Cobra.

edit: How did the topic change? He said STOCK.. not moded exhaust lol.. people are listing MAC muffler videos and stuff.

Haha, who keeps their exhaust stock? :lol: