Mustang Prices Moving Up?

jikelly

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Jul 9, 2003
Lubbock Tx
I was just surfing the web and I wound up on ebay looking at mustangs. Of course I had to look at the 71-73 mustangs. There weren't that many listed but they all seemed to be going at a fairly high price. So I was just wondering is it just my imagination or has the value of mustangs really increased over the last year?

• Sponsors (?)

Prices for fixed up cars or ones that "appear" to be fixed up have definitely risen. I feel very fortunate to have my 2 fastbacks. The price of project cars, the kind that look like a mess to most but a gold mine to those of us with a keen eye, vision, and the ability to resurrect them, have not really risen....but the cost of fixing them goes up all the time and that has something to do with the overall price schedule for driveable cars also.

Ronstang said:
Prices for fixed up cars or ones that "appear" to be fixed up have definitely risen. I feel very fortunate to have my 2 fastbacks. The price of project cars, the kind that look like a mess to most but a gold mine to those of us with a keen eye, vision, and the ability to resurrect them, have not really risen....but the cost of fixing them goes up all the time and that has something to do with the overall price schedule for driveable cars also.

:bang: :bang: i know i know i shoulda kept my fb, just really couldnt afford to keep it unfortunately

Sarge66 said:
Yes, I feel the prices and the overall desire has risen. I was offered $6,000 2 months ago, but I have my 66 on eBay. It is currently at $7,200 and I am receiving numerous emails to inspect.

Here is the link to see the car. Good shape, but will need some investing and work to get it where it should be.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...&item=2485740472&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT

Wow, 100 miles in 3 years?!?!?!??!!?!? So what, are you basically telling us that this is the worst xmas present your wife ever you gave you? Man, if my wife did something like that for me (best I can claim is a PS2) I don't think I could ever get rid of it for the simple fact that I would be afraid she would never do something like that for me again.

yeah i love the fast back mustang. right now i have a 67 coupe in the miux of restoration.. but im hoping to buy a 67 fast back here in the next yr. yeah it sux for buyers...so im hoping i run accross that one FB stang in decent shape for just the right price.. but wow are trhe fast backs awesome

Damein17 said:
yeah i love the fast back mustang. right now i have a 67 coupe in the miux of restoration.. but im hoping to buy a 67 fast back here in the next yr. yeah it sux for buyers...so im hoping i run accross that one FB stang in decent shape for just the right price.. but wow are trhe fast backs awesome

call me stupid but i actually like my coupe body better than my fastback

OK, your stupid.

Actually that's why they make a choice to begin with, some like 'em and some don't, just like not everyone is a convertible person. I have to yank teeth to get my wife in mine, she just plain ole doesn't like it. She'd rather have AC and listen to only the stereo. :shrug:

It's funny, when I first got bit by the stang bug, I only liked the look of a fastback on 69 and up, to me anything older had to be a coupe to look like what I had a vision of mustang being in my head. I guess I had the bad taste of the Barracuda's and such still that tried to pull it off but couldn't. Over the last 15 years though, I have totally flipped on it and prefer fastbacks on all models, so go figure (probably because the foxes look odd as a coupe to me so the definition changed in my mind). There is no questioning that it appears more muscular, but oddly enough true racers will take a coupe for the lighter weight anyday over just the look.

Pakrat,

Best gift I have ever or will ever receive. Just have no time, money, or needed experience to restore it. Did not want it to sit any longer, plus have a our second child due anyday.

Loved having it and my 2003 GT, but had to make sacrifices.

Pakrat said:
OK, your stupid.

hahaha, thanks pak. actually up to 1971 I love all the models. Even the 69/70 Grande. Theres a lowered blue grande for sale near me and I must say it looks hot. I just prefer a 65-68 coupe. I really like having the rear 1/4 window and the roof line. Makes it feel, to me atleast, like a muscle car with the roof line on the coupe cuz it fits in with camaros and such. I dunno, im weird haha.