Build Thread Mustang5L5's Build Thread -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta work my magic on these seat.

IMG_4228.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

A little more sucked in than I’d like to see. I had to toss a 5mm spacer on. It hit the tailpipes.

But with the 5mm spacer it’s looking pretty good.

Plenty of clearance on the quads
IMG_4255.jpeg

Just barely clears the tailpipes. It’s tight, but I might be able to cheat the tailpipe in some. Need to check other side and hopefully it’s the same.
IMG_4256.jpeg

Gonna order up the MM 1/4” (6mm) spacer. I have ten turns on the lug nuts, so plenty for this size spacer. I trust the MM spacers.

I still think SN95 axles is the way to go here, but for now I’ll just get the wheels on just to get my obligation to Cosmis out of the way.

Last edited:
BTW cosmis shipped me the 4th wheel. Should have a tire on it next week.

I’m probably going to list the original two wheels I bought a couple years ago on eBay. No use for them now. See if someone needs two of the old style and try to recoup some of my funds.

Gonna sell my ‘97 cobra wheels and the starfish wheels off the ‘00GT as well. Too much stuff

Bullitts are going on the new edge. 98 cobras are getting saved as well as the 01 cobra polished wheels.

Not yet. If I can get by with the spacers to fulfill my obligation, I’ll take care of it over the winter. I hate being rushed. Also…these tires were expensive. Need to recoup

As long as the pass side clears as well, I’ll run it and go take some pics.

I’ve got a convertible to play around with this fall anyway.

Reactions: 1 users
Not yet. If I can get by with the spacers to fulfill my obligation, I’ll take care of it over the winter. I hate being rushed. Also…these tires were expensive. Need to recoup

As long as the pass side clears as well, I’ll run it and go take some pics.

I’ve got a convertible to play around with this fall anyway.
That looks really good, I'd run it with the 5mm if need be for now to get the pics and stuff, then swap the SN axles later this winter. Do you have everything you need for it (except maybe fluids)?

Do you have everything you need for it (except maybe fluids)?

I do. If you remember correctly i already had the SN95 axles on the car and swapped to Fox just for these wheels. Don't know how i messed up this calculation. Good thing I didn't sell any of the parts.

You know what...let me stack spacers and washers to get my 0.750" again and see how the wheel sits. If it looks good, i'll swap the axles. I don't know why i'm hesitating, not like it's a hard job. The biggest PITA part of that job is the damn fluids, but other than that it's a quick axle pull and swapping the caliper brackets.

Few hours and done and i don't have to stress about spacers. I don't even think 5mm is enough. The wheel still has that sucked in look so I'd rather just correct that now. PLUS, it allows me to put my Sn95 17x8 wheels on in the future and have it look right.

Stay tuned.

I've also spent way too much money this month and need some cool-off time. Also bummed I went though all that time and $$ to swap to Fox lenght axles from SN95 only to swap back. :(

At least I can sell the axles and offset brackets when done. 10-20 miles on them.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Played musical spacer tonight. 0.640” of spacers and I was able to catch 2-3 threads with the lug nuts

IMG_4286.jpeg
IMG_4290.jpeg
IMG_4287.jpeg

IMG_4291.jpeg

So if I went SN95 axles that would be 0.110” (2.5mm) more than this. I think I’m safe, especially where I don’t slam my car low.

Guess it’s axles swapping time.

Last edited:
Also, played with the front fit a bit by adjusting camber and ride height.

I think this looks perfect. I might have to lower the rear 1/2”

Yes, car needs a wash, but at least thats proof i've been driving it! :)

IMG_4276.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Hell Yeah!
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Wheel spacers are for failures..... You did good... at least in my opinion ......
The difference is in the details with what sets a car apart....
I think that when I watch a Foose video......

Definitely got the fit right. In hindsight I could have gone 275 out back, or possibly even 285. I could probably stick a 1/4” spacer on now and still be fine.

Didn’t drive the car due to no gear fluid but turned it around and amazed to see no front rub

IMG_4381.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.