My First Mustang 68 Fastback, What Do I Do 1st...

68 mf

Apr 11, 2017
I bought my first Mustang, a 68 fastback, I'm a bigger guy 6'5" 350, so the car is kind of small for me so I'm thinking about selling it, but don't know what direction to go to get top dollar for it, it is a complete car with a 289, made in California sold in Seattle, the guy I bought it from said he parked it in 1990 and it sat in that spot until I bought it, body is in good condition, minimal amount of rust, interior is complete with console, PLEASE HELP....

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to stangnet.

Modify it to fit you, that's what I think. Get new seats that are comfortable for you. You can change the tracks so you can slide it further back.

I'm going to move your thread to the Classic subforum. The guys there will help you out.

Good to have you with us.

If you want to keep the car, I'd look into cutting the seat risers (welded to the floor pan under the carpet) down. Seems like I remember being able to cut 2" out of them to drop the seats for more head room. But if you really want to sell it, ebay is the best place to unload it for top dollar.

You can also get a one piece headliner from Mustangs to Fear, it'll give you 2 more inches of headroom. Adding late model Mustang seats using your 68 seat rails would help add more comfort as well. 67-68 Fastback Mustangs are highly desirable, unless you went hog wild with spending I don't think you can ever lose on them as far as an investment is concerned, especially if you make it more driver friendly.

Don't sell it!! Even big guys deserve classic mustangs!! lol.
Our marketing director is 6'8" and 320lbs - and he owns a 1968 Coupe.
This is how he did it - one. For sure cut out the risers. two. he installed a set of our Pro Series complete seats that bolt right in. They sit an inch lower than stock and slide a full 3" further back than stock as well.
Hit a google search for TMI 1968 Mustang and it'll pull up in either it's black and red combo or black and green - that's the car. Also a molded headliner like suggested above is a good idea as he has one of ours installed in there as well. The combo of cutting the risers, adding lower seats, and raising the headliner with a molded replacement headliner will insure you fit in there with absolutely no issues! g'luck!

Reactions: 1 users