My heaven was on tv last night!

'69Mach1Chick

There's no grass left to cut.
Apr 1, 2002
North Jersey
I was watching rides,overhaulin', and then rides again as usual...but the first show was amazing! They had a huge thing on the rat rods culture. My boss is totally into that stuff with Elvis hair and rolled up sleeves on his white t-shirts. He got me into it through pinstriping. I started to learn to do pinstriping (by hand) and got totally inspired by the era. My car is now primer black and i'll be adding pinstriping soon!

• Sponsors (?)

I know what you mean. Everytime I go to a cruise or car show, there are tons of trailer queens, fantastic glass bodied rods, but I'm always drawn to the original all steel "rat rods". The original rough look has always been my favorite. Reminds me of the poor old days of my youth. (Not that I'm any wealthier now)

I know a lot of "greasers" that are 20-35, dont have a lot of cash, great jobs, or access to all sorts of shop equipment. But they are into the 50s era stuff and the spirt that went with it. Most of em are ex punks and so the flair for the "dark" side comes out. I have seen many cars built that are damn creative and needed a lot of hard work....but would never be allowed near a real carshow!

mfp4073- Just noticed the line in your sig... Boondock Saints, right? Awesome movie, one of my favorites. I need to move down south, you described me pretty well there, and my type is few and far between in these parts; I was one of a small group of local punks, very few remain... I went pretty rockabilly (haven't had clean hair or pillows in a LONG time, no shampoo in the world's gonna get Dax out), a few other guys got REAL into metal, and theres a couple guys that stayed true to our roots, but its not exactly a lifestyle that lends itself to stayin' not dead, kinda glad I got out with my health but still miss the fun.

The Coug's gonna make its first appearence to the world without paint, just a couple seats and a 393. When the money comes around I'll slap some urethane on her.

nosaj122081 said:
mfp4073- Just noticed the line in your sig... Boondock Saints, right? Awesome movie, one of my favorites. I need to move down south, you described me pretty well there, and my type is few and far between in these parts; I was one of a small group of local punks, very few remain..

Yeah, boondock saints. If you dig the movie check out boondocksaints.com. Troy duffy has all sorts of cool crap for sale over there!

Just to give you an idea:

These are some local guys in a band called Twisted in Graves (twistedingraves.com)

HD05.jpg

and a few other bands:
http://www.skinnymcgee.com/ http://thetbucketterrors.com/
(there are several more that dont have websites)

and some of the cars:

coupe21.jpg

pic15.jpg

DSCN0383_JPG.jpg

DSCN0313_JPG.jpg