need help with roller rocker arms

• Sponsors (?)

I'm not absolutely sure, but I think the Proform rockers are the ones that have been problematic in the past (breaking roller trunions). The price on those is very easy on the wallet, but it just might not be too easy on the engine if one happens to break. I can't find you a better deal after I just searched on Jeg's and Summitracing's websites, but in all honesty, I think I'd be more apt to spend a little more and have the peace of mind that I'm running quality parts.

I'm not absolutely sure, but I think the Proform rockers are the ones that have been problematic in the past (breaking roller trunions). The price on those is very easy on the wallet, but it just might not be too easy on the engine if one happens to break. I can't find you a better deal after I just searched on Jeg's and Summitracing's websites, but in all honesty, I think I'd be more apt to spend a little more and have the peace of mind that I'm running quality parts.

I also sense a red flag of caution when I hear the name of Proform
when talking about rockers :(

Like Matt ... I can't be certain ... but

Do yourself a favor
and
Do a bit of research before laying down the cash ;)

Grady

Much later last night after my above post in this thread I did a search
using the keyword Proform in the 95 tech & talk forums

Peeps have indeed had some issues with this brand of rockers

Grady

I run stud Scorpions myself and have had no issues with them :nice:

Of course ... with OEM iron heads .. you will use peds ;)
well
That is ... unless you do extensive mods to make studs work

btw ... I'd not sink that kind of money in such heads :nono:

Grady

thanks for the info ya'll,should i use the stock rockers the custom cam specs are listed below

LSA: 114

Duration: 280 advertised.

Duration @ 50: 229 for I/E

Lobe lift I and E: .321 gross

Valve Lift w/1.6 Rockers: .514

Intake Lobe Centerline: 110

I wouldn't use the stock stamped rockers. I've got pedestal mount rockers on my AFR's. I use YellaTerra (made down under in Oz) adjustable bolt down rockers. The intakes and exhausts are mounted in pairs on short shafts. They're nice, but kinda pricey. There are plenty of other bolt down rockers that are a little more affordable, and definitely better than the stock ones. It looks like your cam has a pretty abrupt profile so you'll want decent quality valvetrain components.

i was told i could run stock valvetrain as long as the stock springs were within spec. i just had the heads reworked and checked at a machine shop after i ported them stock springs were replaced with new but i was told it would be better to have some roller rockers with this cam...

i was told i could run stock valvetrain as long as the stock springs were within spec. i just had the heads reworked and checked at a machine shop after i ported them stock springs were replaced with new but i was told it would be better to have some roller rockers with this cam...

Sure ... You could run the OEM stuff as it will bolt on and all :)

As long as the lift of the cam does not throw the springs into
coil bind

Another issue that can sometimes hose you up is the bottom of
the rocker can contact or be too close with the spring retainer

IMHO ... any quality ped rocker such as from Comp, Scorpion, Crane etc
would would work out just fine for your application

I've never seen ped Scorpion rockers but I run stud Scorpions
and I can tell you those suckers are big compared to others
I have seen ;)

IIRC ... Comp makes the smallest profile rocker of em all :shrug:

They are a steel bodied rocker and IIRC ..............
they are called Pro Magnum
and
I believe some have said they fit under OEM vc's

Grady