Wheels-Tires Neglected do to health

nickyb

I gotta say i never painted my nuts, Never Ever
15 Year Member
Apr 3, 2009
nevada
I noticed some inside wear on my front tires about two months ago.
I just don't have the energy or drive to work on my baby, pretty depressing as I feel soo f 'ing old..(61 this month) 4 surgeries in the last year.
Took off today so I could swap front to rear tires,and buy sometime till I install my caster camber plates and get an alignment.
I'm hoping this weekend I can install them and get her alignment, then I can buy two more tires.
Ya think they'll be o.k. On the back till then?

Attachments

• IMG_20231002_123011.jpg
    IMG_20231002_123011.jpg
    574.5 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_20231002_122635.jpg
    IMG_20231002_122635.jpg
    621.5 KB · Views: 50
  • Sponsors (?)

Ahhhh, maybe.
When it comes to tires and damage failure is gonna happen, it's not if it's when. Scrubbing or tearing of the rubber outside edges will put a lot of heat in that area resulting in separation of layers of tire. That said, around town cruising short distances and no smokey, sideways burn outs and you'll likely be ok.

Reactions: 1 user
Well I pray I get to and from work next three days( 30 miles round trip).
Then I'll start the c/c plate install so Friday I can get it aligned and Sat. get two new tires.

I don't like the look of the thing. The moment you see silver poking through...

Especially if you have rims that you like.

Well I pray I get to and from work next three days( 30 miles round trip).
Then I'll start the c/c plate install so Friday I can get it aligned and Sat. get two new tires.

I think you'll be alright for that. No burnouts tho :O_o:

Thank God I made it and have two new tires coming in soon,(Costco better price then discount tire),.
I installed team z caster camber plates I got from lmr on sale a long time ago. I removed everything top and bottom of struts( all bump stop rubbers)
Tightened the nuts on struts and took her out for a test ride, I get a knacking sound so I re tighten nuts and same :poo:.
Gonna take struts off top and install bottom bump stop rubber I don't know if this is gonna make a difference but we'll see.

All said and done I'm fubared. The team z caster camber plates spherical bearing on drivers side has 1\8 inch play in it , so hitting bumps sound horrible.
I'll need to replace that before I get her aligned, so no car for work tommarow. Tried latemodleresto not open, tried team z not open. Left messages, don't expect response till monday. Fuggggg.

• Sad
In my OCD state of mind last nite I tried to get a replacement bushing( only UPR had em and wouldn't get to me till Wed.),
I didnt want to miss the whole week of work , so I ordered a cheap set of caster camber plates from Amazon cause they overnighted free.
This morning I removed and replaced the team z with the DNA motor ones. ( I'm getting faster at this :poo:).
The bearings were a tighter fit ,less play, almost none really. And test drive went well.

Is it noisier then stock rubber yes.
Does it sound like it's gonna fall apart no.
So off tommarow to get an alignment.
Tune in for next episode of "Modify your 30 year old daily driver "

Reactions: 2 users
Update! It's some holiday today, some guy set out for India and landed here.
Less workers showed up today. The meineke shop that did my last alignment(4+years) has changed manegers/ workers.
They looked at my car and said they couldn't do caster camber adjustments???? left there fast quick and in a hurry.
Tire shop up the road was short staffed but recommended Sunauto. Got it aligned, drove it 70+ mph and lots of twisties.
slight noise over bump s and on a turn, but bearable.
and Team z is sending me replacement bearings and one sleave/cup. Should be here Wed.
I'll keep these cheap ones on for awhile then give the Team z ones another shot, just sucks I got to get it aligned again.

Make yourself a thin metal template to locate the center bolt of your struts.

If you ever take the plates off, you can just lock down the new ones with the strut bolt located by your template.

• Useful
Question, my steering wheel is a little off center. If I hold it straight the car drifts to the left.
What do I tell the alignment shop to adjust to make it good?

All you do is tell them it drifts to the left, if they can't figure it out take it somewhere else.
The two local shops I've used in the past drive the car before and after.
Yeah you think a good tech with today's machines ??? I told them it didn't do that before the alignment they said to bring it back in. So this Friday is he earliest I can get there. The thing is my stang is older then the three techs they have working there.

• Haha
Question, my steering wheel is a little off center. If I hold it straight the car drifts to the left.
What do I tell the alignment shop to adjust to make it good?

Jiust tell them that.

It can drift left either due to bad toe setting, or even uneven camber/caster. If the front wheels are tilted differently, there is more road resistance so the vehicle will pull

It's a bad F'ing dream. Went to dr.s appt. after work Thursday found out I'm still holding too much urine.
jackass P.A. Tried to put catheter in , he hit my prostate and left me bleeding out my dick, told me to go to the ER.
wife got a hold of surgeon who did two t.e.r.p. Procedures ( dec.and june). He met us at the hospital.
so I got my third procedure for enlarged prostate, seems it grows scare tissue.
they discharged me Friday night. Team Z sent the bushing and cup, can't do nothing on it yet.....