New 5.0 review on Autoblog

1990Coupe

Founding Member
Mar 11, 2002
Toms River NJ
Awesome Article...

First Drive: 2011 Ford Mustang GT changes the game — Autoblog

Some interesting reading:

"Aside from looks, we can't think of a single area where the similarly priced but slightly more expensive Chevy Camaro SS beats the Mustang. Speed, handling, soundtrack, brakes, interior (the GT is actually creeping into Audi levels of interior sophistication – look at those seats!), fit and finish – you name it, the Mustang's the superior sports car.

Speaking of Audi, the 5.0 makes the 354-hp S5 look like an overpriced slowpoke. We've driven both cars in anger and the 2011 Mustang GT is not only faster, but is actually rear-wheel drive, not a FWD platform fitted with Quattro all-wheel drive. Want us to go even further? We'd prefer the Mustang GT to a BMW 650i. Sure, the BMW has dash leather and... iDrive. But (again), the GT makes more power (the 650i manages 360 hp), handles better and is quieter unless you're really belting the throttle. Also, Sync's a whole lot better than iDrive, even the much improved new iDrive. Not only that, but the GT's new 5.0-liter V8 engine is in another league than (previous) competitors like the Nissan 370Z and Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8. Getting the point? In 2011, the Mustang GT is the car to beat. Welcome back, 5.0."​

• Sponsors (?)

If only there were a way to make her understand...:thinking:

Guess I'm one of the lucky ones.. Im not married to mine yet but shes all about me getting the new stang. Good thing because I was going to get it anyway :p

I'm sure if i really wanted one, she'd let me. We are just aggressively paying down school loans, and making improvements to our house. Right now i'll get a better return doing that lol.

Someday i'll have one, Maybe if i fell into money or something i'd get it sooner haha

Glad to see Ford out front.But as far as selling my fox to get one,no way,I enjoy working on my fox myself and everything I've done to so far I've done myself except for the tune.The new ones look way to complicated for an average joe like me to touch.Plus I feel like I own a piece of history cause as far I'm concerned the fox revived the muscle car,as slow as it was by today's standards it smoked trans ams and camaros back in the day.I'd take one as a DD but that's it,my fox is my baby.