New car. Different issues.

The 2nd is (or should I say was) a smaller 5/16? Steel tube coming forward from the center of the plenum above the lower intake. I grabbed the black vacuum cap to pull it off and t
20231112_095625.jpg
he tube immediately came off the plenum. It looks like there is still a piece in the plenum. And the tube looks to have been broke for awhile.

• Sponsors (?)

So it looks like my new to me car is going to be parked for awhile... I was really hoping to be able to drive and tinker at the same time. But I guess that is just not going to be the case...I think I will pull the plenum to fix the tube. I think I'll try to plug the hole and smoke it first. I'll figure out what injectors I have while I'm in there and make sure they are optimized.

That looks like a 2.5 catted x pipe. If it's stainless you are in luck, that's like a $600+ pipe (evennif it's not ss, you are still good). The injectors look like 19s, which is fine for that setup.

Temperature sending units. One on driver side in the coolant crossover on the lower intake is for the gauge in the instrument cluster. You said the one in the thermostat housing is going to the aftermarket gauge. The one in the intake just behind the t-stat is the ECT sensor which goes to the ECU.

You just need to pull that upper and fix all those vac lines, the vac lines for the two solenoids will have a main line (black plastic) just cap it for now. Check the plastic line that runs alone the firewall by the pinch weld too, then smoke test.

If you're talking about the Hvac line to the check valve? That is gone and capped off at the manifold (plastic) I still have a line thru firewall to hvac and thru fender to reserve ball. Most of the lines at the two solenoids are cut or plugged.
20231112_144927.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
I just put a rubber stopper with some ultra gray in the hole. Once it sets I'll smoke and see what I find. I have to start it up to move it to the other garage so my wife gets her spot back. My rebuilt injectors are on the way. I'll get this torn apart after I finish the tile work.

Thanks General