New Colors for 2006?

• Sponsors (?)

Ebony and Black are two different colors. The 2003 V6, GT, Mach 1, and Cobra came in Black. The 2004 V6, GT, and Mach 1 come in Black, and the Cobra is available in Ebony but not black.

I don't think a Mustang color has ever been renamed, so I don't know why they'd do that with Legend Lime, but Legend Lime and 1967's Lime Gold seem to be nearly identical to me.

Lime1967GT350.jpg

Oakville-9.jpg

From those two pics, it looks like the Legend Lime is a little lighter and a touch less saturated (less, well, gold). Maybe they are going to bump up the intensity of the color for '06.

Now, how Ebony and Black are different I still can't figure out (Lighter? More mettalic?).

But, I am also interested to see the Vista Blue. I hope it is a little darker than what the Sonic Blue looks to be. More like the Shelby 427 Cobra.

8a.jpg

Hmm.... could it be, Shelby colors coming back? Could this hint at some SEs? Doubt it. But, couldn't hurt to be hopeful.

The GT500 pic appears to be more afternoon. The sunlight looks warmer than the pic below it, giving the paint more orange/yellow/gold. You can't really compare two pics of different colours. If they were in the same pic sure.

It does still seem to be deeper / richer.

Stangston said:
I'm not sure if this is old to you or not, but I found this on Brad's site:

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/05/06/index.htm

If this is accurate, do you think some of those are renamed colors or completely new colors? For example, "Ebony" sounds like renamed "Black" and "Lime Gold" sounds like a renamed "Legend Lime," though I'm not completely sure why they'd do that...

Yeah, I did a thread about new colors some time ago...Here.