New hood

txredgt

10 Year Member
Oct 26, 2009
Looks like I will be cutting a little bit off the underside of the stock hood.. Anybody have a style suggestion on what to step up to? I need clearance for the CC plates right now and then in the future it will be for a torktech or something along those lines.. What do yall think?

• Sponsors (?)

What brand are the plates?

Maximum motorsports. I could take out one of the spacers and put it on the bottom side but I was doing what their instructions said. Guess the drop on the springs isn't enough to clear the hood how I have it configured. I could change the spacers but then I will have to get the thing realigned again which has me thinking I might just upgrade the hood instead of that. idk though it was just a thought.

I'm missing something. :shrug:Why do you need to modify your hood? I have those CC plates, and have had two types of front springs. Why are they hitting?

I guess because the springs don't go super low? I will post a picture up, but the strut top is beating up the bottom of my hood pretty good right now..

If I remember right, to get the spacers off I am going to have to lower the a arm and go through the whole install process right? No easy way around that since it has all the pressure on it?

If I remember right, to get the spacers off I am going to have to lower the a arm and go through the whole install process right? No easy way around that since it has all the pressure on it?

It'll probably be easiest to pull the wheel, support the A-arm, then unbolt the strut and pull it off. You don't need the mess with any of the bolts that hold the plates in alignment.

The whole idea of the spacers is to bring the strut shaft up high enough but just below the hood for clearance. I had to play with mine cause one side was hitting but you can adjust them just fine...

Caster-Camber-Plates-1-640.jpg

Caster-Camber-Plates-2-640.jpg

Caster-Camber-Plates-3-640.jpg

The whole idea of the spacers is to bring the strut shaft up high enough but just below the hood for clearance. I had to play with mine cause one side was hitting but you can adjust them just fine...

Caster-Camber-Plates-1-640.jpg

Caster-Camber-Plates-2-640.jpg

Caster-Camber-Plates-3-640.jpg

Yea that's exactly what I have to do with mine, but I was quite sure the directions I read told me to put 3 spacers on top and 1 beneath but oh well. I can easily change it, or at least without too much effort. Thanks fellas.

Yea that's exactly what I have to do with mine, but I was quite sure the directions I read told me to put 3 spacers on top and 1 beneath but oh well. I can easily change it, or at least without too much effort. Thanks fellas.

The instructions on my 91 said that, but then also said to adjust for hood clearance after that. I ended up with one spacer on top and three on the bottom.