New Look for my Stang

• Sponsors (?)

Dropping your car is cheap if get cheap stuff. The normal good drop with spring, struts, shocks, quad shocks, and labor will hit your about $800-$1000 dollars.

The Y2K rims you can pick up for $600 dollars and the tires for about $500 dollars.

My personaly opinion would be to get rims. You might still looking like a 4x4 but owell you'll get springs sooner then later.

BluThnder99 said:
What's cheaper lowering my stang with new springs about 1 inch or getting
18 inch wheels. This is including labor.
just get springs.
mine is 1.5' drop Eibach with 18' saleen replica wheels
DSC00039.JPG

Indeed, the same car with bigger rims but without a drop looks even worse. It just shows off that 4x4 look even more. :notnice:

GoBabyVroommm - You don't need quad shocks. If you get new control arms, you can take the things off too. :nice:

I have mine lowered with H&R Supersports, and I must say that the car's stance is absolutely :drool: :drool: :drool: It even makes the stock Bullitt's look pretty badass. It's just that the rear end looks a little narrow since the rims tuck in a inch or two from the fender. You could cure that with some wheel spacers.

Or some 18" deep dish Bullitts................:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Save money! Chop the springs, and use all that spare cash for 20"s!

Fo real do... I vote springs, shocks, strut bars. Looks good, and itll make it handle much better. :nice:

you really need both. you can't lower your car enough on 17's without hurting your handling. lower the car 1.5-1.75" and then get 18"-19" and you will have perfect. I have 20" wheels and it still does not look low. it is kind of a coin toss on which you do first. I did wheels just becaue I was sick of seeing cars like mine with the same wheels.

BluThnder99 said:
What's cheaper lowering my stang with new springs about 1 inch or getting
18 inch wheels. This is including labor.

anyway, what's your purpose with the car?? drag racing, autoxing, just a daily driver? do you want to lose performance because you went with a bigger heavier wheel?? you have to tell us what you want to do with the car...

KaPPaBaLL said:
anyway, what's your purpose with the car?? drag racing, autoxing, just a daily driver? do you want to lose performance because you went with a bigger heavier wheel?? you have to tell us what you want to do with the car...

The loss in performance is SO SMALL, you won't even notice it. Going 18 x 9.5 2000 Cobra R's only netted me a loss of approximately .2 in the quarter, although you would need a good set of drag radials out back, because the larger the rim, the more traction you give up, as far as straight line performance is concerned.

First off 01MustangGT....your car is Bad @$$.

Secondly, 18s will make your car look like it wants to be lowered....they'll slow you down too....but they look awesome.

Get the springs first.

NiteMareGT said:
The loss in performance is SO SMALL, you won't even notice it. Going 18 x 9.5 2000 Cobra R's only netted me a loss of approximately .2 in the quarter, although you would need a good set of drag radials out back, because the larger the rim, the more traction you give up, as far as straight line performance is concerned.

don't know about you but 2tenths of a second more on the 1/4 because you have bigger rims is a lot.. then again that's just me..

~B7~ said:
First off 01MustangGT....your car is Bad @$$.
thanks, i love yellow mustangs. i am still regret that i didn't buy mine in yellow

Snarf said:
Looks good man! Do you grind that air splitter alot? I'm looking into getting one for my car as well but am concerned about blowing it apart in a weeks worth of driveway entrances...
Thanks, i have been driving with it and 1.5' drop for almost 2 years without any problem. Just be careful when driving over speed bump. On the other hand, it's made from urethane which makes it flexible to resist curb impact damage. If u like the look, just get it. i got comment everywhere i go :nice: