New To Stangnet

19falcon62

Active User
Jul 14, 2016
Ok so i am new so i hope this is in the correct place. My question is I have a 5.0 out of a 1995 mustang GT that i am putting into a 1962 falcon. The motor had a 5 speed but i am putting a C4 behind it. I have the wiring harness for the motor. the computer is a T4M0 and i dont have the harness that runs from the computer to the rest of the car and i am having trouble finding one. Also do i have to use a 5 speed harness. Or what other options if any do i have.

Thanks Lance

• Sponsors (?)

Ok so i am new so i hope this is in the correct place. My question is I have a 5.0 out of a 1995 mustang GT that i am putting into a 1962 falcon. The motor had a 5 speed but i am putting a C4 behind it. I have the wiring harness for the motor. the computer is a T4M0 and i dont have the harness that runs from the computer to the rest of the car and i am having trouble finding one. Also do i have to use a 5 speed harness. Or what other options if any do i have.

Thanks Lance

Moved to 79-95 General Talk

...and this:

http://www.painlessperformance.com/webcat/60510

Thanks Lance
This sounds like a job for superman @jrichker . This is probably nothing for you, but for us lesser mortals...

20160718_103133_1468859648316_resized.jpg 20160718_103157_1468859646225_resized.jpg sorry it took so long to reply i have been out of town. @jrichker

OK hope this is the one you are looking for.
Thanks for the help. 20160728_102052_resized.jpg
The computer and connector don't match in any shape or form unless you have a trick camera that changed the shape of the connector.

The proper computer connector looks like this....

eec-iv-computer-connector-for-5-0-mustang-gif.88243.gif

See
pinouts.jpg
for the pin functions and wire colors on a 94-95 5.0 Mustang

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
So that's what i was trying to say in my original post. I don't have the harness that comes out of the computer and runs to the rest of the car.
That is the harness that i am trying to find

So that's what i was trying to say in my original post. I don't have the harness that comes out of the computer and runs to the rest of the car.

Lance, that particular part of the harness is pretty integral to these cars. That part you are looking for, if I'm not mistaken, is The main harness. It runs up through the dash to all the instruments and ruse panel, relay box, etc. and is a very involved job removing it from a car. It might just be easier to chop that connector out of a parts car, and/or look into painless wiring company for some sort of streamlined harness that will run your engine and not have the extra 150 lbs of unneeded wire that will come with that harness you are looking for from a mustang.

The T4M0 came from a 94-95 Mustang. The 94-95 Mustang's electrical system included a LOT more components than the 86-93 Mustangs. It did not lend itself to being intergrated into a different vehicle because of the increased complexity.

How good are your electrical abilities? Can you design, build and troubleshoot simple electrical systems?

https://www.diyautotune.com/product/microsquirt-engine-management-system-w-8-39-wiring-harness/

you can splice this into the harness you have, and get an aftermarket ecu that has a very small footprint. this can run anything up to 8 cylinders and a base tune is available. basically once you have it wired up and get the tune loaded the car will start on the first try or so.
This is another option to consider but does require you to put some effort in tuning the car.

you also get the support of all the mega squirt users on this site.

The T4M0 came from a 94-95 Mustang. The 94-95 Mustang's electrical system included a LOT more components than the 86-93 Mustangs. It did not lend itself to being intergrated into a different vehicle because of the increased complexity.

How good are your electrical abilities? Can you design, build and troubleshoot simple electrical systems?
I am fair at wiring and trouble shooting. But this seems like a big job and without the plug end for the computer it makes it that much harder

https://www.diyautotune.com/product/microsquirt-engine-management-system-w-8-39-wiring-harness/

you can splice this into the harness you have, and get an aftermarket ecu that has a very small footprint. this can run anything up to 8 cylinders and a base tune is available. basically once you have it wired up and get the tune loaded the car will start on the first try or so.
This is another option to consider but does require you to put some effort in tuning the car.

you also get the support of all the mega squirt users on this site.
thanks for the link i didnt know there was anything like this out there and its about half the cost of a painless wiring harness

Yes i have seen these i was just trying to avoid spending 600 bucks on a harness but i may be forced into something like this

Well, there's always taking a full harness out of a car, unwrapping it, finding which part you need and removing what you don't need. That is a LOT of work, though.. You just have to make the decision, what do you want to spend? Time or money?

Well, there's always taking a full harness out of a car, unwrapping it, finding which part you need and removing what you don't need. That is a LOT of work, though.. You just have to make the decision, what do you want to spend? Time or money?
Well thats the problem i am running into i cant find a stock harness. So i am probably going to have to bite the bullet and spend the money

Well thats the problem i am running into i cant find a stock harness. So i am probably going to have to bite the bullet and spend the money

You might, if you want to put forth the effort, buy a wrecked car for parts for a few hundred. Scavenge what you need, part out and scrap the rest. I've done this a few times and actually came out with money in my pocket.. Very time consuming though. But it's definitely cheaper to do if you hustle it correctly.

Reactions: 3 users