Nick's "lvndpst" Restoration (and Slight Modification) Thread

• Sponsors (?)

Deck looks good man! Sucks about your knee. My 331 made right at 452 fwhp on an engine dyno and carbed. Made around 360 rwhp injected and its a 5 speed car. I think some of the loss is due to the fuel system not being 100% up to the task which it is now and the cold air kit was cobbled together and that is also fixed now. Will not being going back on the dyno until the MSPNP is installed this winter. I am done with having to pay someone to tune it every time I make a change.

Heal up and I will say that I did six weeks of physical therapy 3 times a week and that was only on a meniscus tear so get as much of that as you can as it really helps.
Mark at Vigilante Performance who supplied my pistons per Ed Curtis' recommendation told me he expects I'll make between 500 and 550 flywheel horsepower based on the top end Ed put together for me. It ended up at 10.57:1 compression so I can run 91 octane. I'll be tickled if it makes 500 at the crank. Should hopefully know within 2-3 weeks.

And thanks for the knee advise. This is my first time with this type of injury, so I'll be playing by the book on recovery.

Do it once, do it right!!!
Exact same theory applied to the new engine. Almost transferred the 347 assembly and TF170s into a Dart block to save $$$, but realized it'd be silly to do so. Then nice heads lead to bumping to 363 ci, which meant new cam and intake, etc, etc. I even bought a new clutch, flywheel, waterpump and timing cover because I just want it all fresh and clean. I have a lot of slightly used parts to sell off on marketplace. Just wanted it done right the first time.

Reactions: 1 user
I did actually find a crack in the stock block right on the cam bearing surface with the spun bearing.

20230629_172419.jpg

So did a neighbor turn you in for no permit? What was the neighbors beef??
Yeah. But luckily I had looked up info on how to build it, so I only had to extend my posts into the ground rather than leave them on blocks. Here you can only build a deck on blocks if it's 200 Sq ft or less. Why I don't know, as the weight is spread the same whether is 200 Sq ft or 1000.

Funny how the requirements for code differ for each region (but obviously for a reason). I’d have to dig a concreter foundation down 4’ for each support and anchor the wood on top. That’s a LOT of digging.

• Surprised
Funny how the requirements for code differ for each region (but obviously for a reason). I’d have to dig a concreter foundation down 4’ for each support and anchor the wood on top. That’s a LOT of digging.
They made me dig 12" deep by 16" diameter holes, and set the extended posts in concrete. As Aerocoupe pointed out, they said it was for anchoring effect, as well as the concrete blocks I had it on originally were only 12" across and could settle easier under load.

I have 27 posts under the deck, so it was a bit of a b*tch doing all that digging under the existing framework, let alone getting the concrete in, but it's done. Had they made me do the traditional 4' deep holes, I probably would have said forget it for now and just disassembled it. I do think they were lenient with me, which was nice. Still want to punch my nosey neighbor in his throat though.

Still want to punch my nosey neighbor in his throat though.
Go to the magazine area at your store or go to a book store and take out all of the " I want a membership" cards, mail them in with the neighbors info on them.. Get mostly women garbage mags..... He will be busy for months.....
Or you could swat em? LOL....

They made me dig 12" deep by 16" diameter holes, and set the extended posts in concrete. As Aerocoupe pointed out, they said it was for anchoring effect, as well as the concrete blocks I had it on originally were only 12" across and could settle easier under load.

I have 27 posts under the deck, so it was a bit of a b*tch doing all that digging under the existing framework, let alone getting the concrete in, but it's done. Had they made me do the traditional 4' deep holes, I probably would have said forget it for now and just disassembled it. I do think they were lenient with me, which was nice. Still want to punch my nosey neighbor in his throat though.
In reality they may have saved you some heart aches later when the small foot print of the block settled and the deck makes people bob and weave like drunks. Although that could be amusing to watch.

My neighbor 3 houses up just built a deck all wrong. He poured a concrete slab, and then used blocks to foot his posts on the slab.

I was gonna say something….but he’s kinda of a jerk.

• Surprised
Engine was broken in on an engine dyno today, and once done, some "power pulls" were performed. It had a 750 cfm carb with a 2" carb spacer to clear my fuel rails. With an 11.xx average afr and 95° heat in the none air conditioned dyno room, it made a best of 567 hp /479 tq. I'm hoping a good EFI tune and cooler temperatures will make it a 550+hp/500+tq combo, but no matter what it's healthy. No leaks, sounds great, I'm happy.

20230728_183124.jpg

20230728_183147.jpg

• Hell Yeah!
  • Winner
Reactions: 4 users
I did a thing yesterday. Looking at my Fox and the amount of work it needs before the 363 and TKX go in had me kinda discouraged. So what does one do in that situation? Go buy a '94 Cobra with an IRS and fresh Termi seats instead.

20230917_115500.jpg

20230917_122542.jpg

20230917_122556.jpg

It has an Anderson PMS system, but I will be converting to a MS plug and play I just bought off LMR. It's a much nicer and easier way to start enjoy my new drivetrain.

The PO had the car nearly 20 years, said it hadn't seen rain in 15 years, no winters. Of course it saw rain the whole 4 hour trailer ride home to my house. He had it listed as a running and driving car, but was so damn cool he agreed to pull his DSS 306 and Tremec and sell me the car for less knowing I have my own combo to put in. We spent about 4 hours yesterday pulling it at his house before I hit the road to get it home last night. I'm pretty pumped to get the bay cleaned and drop my jewel in!

20230804_170555.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
I've always loved SN Cobras, so Im happy with the move. This all being said, I am not sure if I will try to sell the Fox as a roller, or part it out. I hate to waste a good Fox, but it is in quite a state of disassembly, and I don't see anyone giving me what I have in the suspension, brakes, rear end, etc the way it sits as a roller.