Non Matching Front And Rear Tires Question

• Sponsors (?)

From what I was told if you go to small up front or too tall in rear (18 and 17) it will throw the abs off.

I run a slightly taller tire in rear but not by much and haven't had an issue. 315/35/17 and a 255/40/17

There's nothing "wrong" with running different brand tires like that nor does it pose a safety threat. I personally would be driven crazy looking at different sidewall lettering & tread patterns when looking at my car. My only question to you is- how wide are the rear rims that you're mounting those 315's on? Ideally you should be mounting those 315's on at least a 10.5" wide rim for safety reasons. I know that many guys have mounted a 315 on a 17 x 9 factory rim but you're going to have a lot of sidewall bulge which will harm your contact patch to the road effectively negating the purpose of a wide tire.

Reactions: 1 users
I almost purchased 275/50's for front but they are slightly taller then a 315/35 and I've heard of ppl having tracking issues so I ordered the 255/40's and I'm pretty happy with my choice. My 255's have slight run at full lock when turning. My wheels are 10.5 and 9.

Reactions: 1 user
I think it's totally fine, but those rears won't last as long on the street. I personally like big and littles for a track set up. Fat rear with a skinny front rim/tire.