Oil additives ?!? Just did oil change last night and ...

Hink

May 31, 2006
Just did oil change last night, recalled hmmm no greased lightning in the crankcase. The last time I used the additive was just to empty the can. Filled my crankcase up with Mobil1 full synthetic, that should a been good enough right? Well, not for me , seat of pants seemed lacking a bit. So went down to the local NAPA and grabbed another can and added it. After a bit of driving was happy again . My seat of the pants testing method sure isnt very scientific. Still hey, really think will be buying more in the future ! Anyone else had similar results?
Hink

• Sponsors (?)

90mustangGT said:
... one time.... at band camp... we put the tornado and slick 50 in Jimmy's Tuba and after that you could hear it like... fifty miles away!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!
:rlaugh:

additives are pretty much snake oil is you ask me. if you want good protection use a better oil. M1 is a good oil that shouldnt be diluted with an additive. if you really want to put something in the crankcase that will help the motor i recommend auto-rx in small doses. it will keep the engine nice and clean on the inside. or if its a high mileage engine go ahead and do a cleaning with it. www.auto-rx.com , also check out www.bobistheoilguy.com

dragnazz5.0 said:
:rlaugh:

additives are pretty much snake oil is you ask me. if you want good protection use a better oil. M1 is a good oil that shouldnt be diluted with an additive.
1. Was running 7 quarts of Mobile1 allready, and was dissapointed.(Before was running 7 quarts of Pennzoil + Greased Lightning)
2. My point in adding, is more performance! That is why I bothered to post this in the first place. Before w/o Greased Lightning, my engine was pulling to only like 6,000 rpm, after adding and running a few miles it was pullin past 6,000 rpm. Did hit near 7 grand (My spark box, has rev limiting set for 6,600 RPM). Now that's performance! I am a believer now :hail2: , my crankcase will never be without Greased Lightning in the future for sure :D
Sincerely,
Hink
P.S. Check my garage for my setup...