Oil separator review...

94GTLaserRC said:
Andy, from your pics it looks like the curve on the hose to the inlet (and leads out of the PCV) puts strain on the PCV to make it lift up. Does it stay "seated" ok?
RC

Long as your PCV rubbers tight...:rlaugh: It'll be fine....actually the slight bend at the valve keeps it located...The valve kinda "pops" into the rubber anyway...

• Sponsors (?)

Blast from the past. It's been about 3 years since most of you guys installed your oil separators. And after reading this post most had a concern regarding the use of synthetic oil and the CH oil separator. Its been 3 years now so what is the verdict on using synthetic oil the CH oil separator?

Thanks

Blast from the past. It's been about 3 years since most of you guys installed your oil separators. And after reading this post most had a concern regarding the use of synthetic oil and the CH oil separator. Its been 3 years now so what is the verdict on using synthetic oil the CH oil separator?

Thanks

I use synthetic oil and no problem at all. :)

Got a new version of their moroso oil seperator and installed it, ditched the tiny steeda one,

The size of moroso one is about the breather catch i had 3 inch round and about 5 inch tall.

This thing is built solid and has baffle and filter inside, I mounted on the strut tower bar where cobra R had a coolant can or whatever, worked out pretty good

View attachment 197544

View attachment 197545

View attachment 197546

Venom

I got mine from summit as well. You can get the universal one too, The actual seperator are all the same except brackets for different car and year. You will need to buy 2 smaller 3/8 fitting from shop because ones that come with are huge like 12an size.

Here is the link to moroso. take a look at the brackets and see which one you will want to use, then just buy it :)

Moroso : Category Display

Here is the link of one that i got, It's the GT500 version and it's cheaper then the rest, Save you some money bro :)

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MOR-85478/?rtype=10

Screw all the other seperators, get one of this and you are set.

Thats really nice thanks! added to my "wish List"

Can it just mount to the top of the strut tower? I dont have a brace I figured I could use one of the factory holes to screw the mount bracket in.

Thats really nice thanks! added to my "wish List"

Can it just mount to the top of the strut tower? I dont have a brace I figured I could use one of the factory holes to screw the mount bracket in.

You could do that. I was looking at couple different way of mounting it, You could also bend the bracket and mount it on the shock tower bolt.

You can pretty much mount it anywhere, i was even thinking about mounting it next to the ABS block, Where ever you have space, just run the hoses.

That one is freaking nice. I may have to pick one up. For $112, it's a no-brainer once you see what the inside of the engine looks like after 100k miles. I'm wondering if it's worth buying one for the breather tube as well? Or maybe something cheaper, hardware store style for the breather?

That one is freaking nice. I may have to pick one up. For $112, it's a no-brainer once you see what the inside of the engine looks like after 100k miles. I'm wondering if it's worth buying one for the breather tube as well? Or maybe something cheaper, hardware store style for the breather?

I was thinking the same thing but when I took off my CAI and check if there was any oil in the throttle body and they was non at all. I dont have the baffle under the valve cover(trickflow) also. BUT i found oil when i removed the cover on the upper intake manifold. So i dont think i personally need one.

But if you are getting oil in the throttle body, couldnt hurt to add another small one...

Yeah, we were reasoning out whether it would be worth also doing one for the breather, but since it appears it stays petty dry, it's not worth it. I took a look at mine and the TB is pretty clean too, so really no need for another filter, just the PCV one.