Opentracker's Roller Spring Perches, just got them installed

Well, I finally got around to putting these things in. after I got my perches from opentracker, I decided to change out the original springs whuile i was at it.

this first pic is an old pic, but you can see the ride height on it. my tires pretty much were flush with the fender lips. Yes, that is fender damage on the passenger side. it was a day my car decided to attack a cement divider and a Honda Civic. my car won :nice:

rideheightbefore9zf.jpg

This is the spring comparison, The ones on the right are "grab a trak's" 620 springs.

springcomparison3nx.jpg

here is a comparison of my regular and OPENTRACKER's roller perches. Can you guess which one is the roller? After I removed mine, one of my perches didnt even move, the other sort of did but both perches had worn out bushing....okay, the bushings were non-existant.

perchcompare33wj.jpg

Here is the passenger's side with everything ripped out (shocks, springs, perches, shock tower cover, and wheel)

allremoved3en.jpg

5 hours, 5 cigarettes, 3 slices of mushroom & sausage pizza, and numerous powerades, plus some swear words later, here is everything installed (thios is the passenger's side BTW)

installed1xv.jpg

the ride height dropped a little bit. The only problems I had with the install was the spring compressor placement and putting the bottom bushing, washer, and nut back onto the bottom of my KYB shocks. other than that it went fine.

hope this helps someone, or not, but i like taking pictures :D
Wheel is back on and this is the ride height before driving her around.

rideheightafter0ca.jpg

and the ride height after a drive home from my friend's warehouse. Like everyone here, my garage is filled with crap and i didn't feel like doing the install in the hot sun on my driveway.

heightafterdrive4cw.jpg

EDIT: Just to add, the ride has improved alot. I don't have that annoying "squeaking" that i used to have, I took several hard corners on the way home, and responsivness of the steering is very much improved. Great upgrade for the suspension. now I shall continue my mission to find more roller suspension parts.

K, using Image shack now...should work

Attachments

• rideheightbefore9zf.jpg
    rideheightbefore9zf.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 100
  • springcomparison3nx.jpg
    springcomparison3nx.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 101
  • perchcompare33wj.jpg
    perchcompare33wj.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 109
  • allremoved3en.jpg
    allremoved3en.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 99
  • installed1xv.jpg
    installed1xv.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 97
  • rideheightafter0ca.jpg
    rideheightafter0ca.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 105
  • heightafterdrive4cw.jpg
    heightafterdrive4cw.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 103
  • Sponsors (?)

mustangman70 said:
ive heard that the A-arm drop mod isent to great for dreag racing is that true???

I'm not sure, I have never herd that but the camber change would be more (depending on ride height) with the shelby drop when the front end lifted, and that's not a good thing. Camber change in a corner is one thing, camber change in a straight line is another story.

I'm not a drag racer, the drag strip near us is 4hrs away. Laguna Seca is only 20min.

John

thanks for the quick over view of the idler arms john. Yah, roler spring perches kinda was an impulse thing after I saw the thread about it...I kinda had a "WTH?" pop over my head when I saw it. I'm looking at tube UCA and LCA before attempting the shelby drop. Might as well do them all at once eh?

Capt Dan said:
You said your ride height dropped? from the pics it looks like it came up. :shrug:

the ride height came up about 1.5 " from the saggy busted up stock parts. But dropped about0.5" after driving her around. Everything still needs to settle, maybe drive her for a few weeks and see if there is any more ride hieght changes. Shelby drop should take care of the extra space.

scrutmonkey said:
thanks for the quick over view of the idler arms john. Yah, roler spring perches kinda was an impulse thing after I saw the thread about it...I kinda had a "WTH?" pop over my head when I saw it. I'm looking at tube UCA and LCA before attempting the shelby drop. Might as well do them all at once eh?

If your only going with the 1", Shelby drop, ther is no need to get tubular arms IMO. The tubular arms cost way too much money for what you get from the drivers seat. A good stock replacement upper arm and a lower arm with a spherical bearing inside pivot ( like #SPF-3 from Global West ) will do the trick.

I see it like this:

$1000.00 for new tubular upper and lower arms for a 1 3/8" to 1 3/4" drop.

$480 for new upper and lower arms for a 1" drop.

For the $520 differance you can get adjustable strut rods and a roller idler arm with around $100 left over.

John