opinions on gauges

Stableboy

Founding Member
Nov 29, 2001
Perryville MD
Happy New Year!! I am finally getting my svo on the road. Should I leave the boost gauge alone, or should I get a gauge like I see other people having? If I get a boost gauge I was going to mount it in one of those pillar mounted gauge pods. the ones I have seen are usually 2 or 3 holes. What would be the best gauge to fill the second hole with? Also what is the diff between a mechanical and electrical gauge? thanks

• Sponsors (?)

i just baught the 2 pod pillar yesterday. i only have a boost guage in it right now, i plan to fill the 2nd hole with a Air/Fuel guage, even tho there inaccurate according to most people but it still gives you and idea of what your car is doing, then i plan to make a custom dash pod out of fiberglass and put a oil pressure and water temp.

Find another pod to drill into and use the clips. The autometer pod doesn't fit our interior very well, and 3m tape is strong enough to hold it up, but will come off with time. Here's some pics of my setup.

http://cgirc.servequake.com/cougar/media.html

I swapped the white faces with someone's black z-face guages, and i'm using those right now, they match the SVO's stock guages perfectly, but both styles look pretty good.

I used the autometer 2 guage pod, with the double sided foam tape stuff from walmart. works good and holds it up there pretty well. It doesn't fit exactly. and there is no way in hell I would use screws to hold my guage pod on, that would jack up the a pillar cover.