Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Redfire body with windows and mirrors black or trim color only

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

tim_the_toolman

Founding Member
Nov 30, 2001
Nashville TN
Here's the lowdown. My car is stipped to bare steel. I am adding a 87+ style fiberglass Saleen front air dam to my 4 eyed 86 front. I have Cervini's Saleen sides and rear valence, a Cervini's Saleen wing, and a Cervini's 2.5" cowl hood. I am using LX tails that I am smoking myself. I also have newer 1/4 glass. The whole car is getting painted Redfire like the newer stangs have as well as the newsest 05 stang. On top of than I have the original hood with a cobra style front opening scoop intalled and a factory 87+ GT wing. Both of which I will be painting so I can have a bit of flexibility on the look of my car if I am in the mood for a change.

So here's the question....Should I paint the entire car Redfire, trim and all

or

Leave the healight area, cowl grille, trim around windows, and body moulding a different color

or

A combination of the above?

I planned on painted the original hood with the blackout in the middle like stock with a GT logo in the lower corner. And I planned on painting the new cowl all Redfire. And I am leaning towards leaving the side moulding body color. But the headlight area and window trim have me stumped. What do you all think?

• Sponsors (?)

Hey dude, monochromatic (every piece same color) looks good on old 50's cars, but not on your stang. Black side moldings, also not cool. IMO the best look is flat black window trim, cowl vent, and mirrors. Everything else redfire.

Have you done the Saleen valance yet? Any pics of the progress?

I am looking for an 85-86 front to put on one of my stangs, with 88 Saleen ground effects ofcourse.

Cliff :D

I agree, IMO the monocolor is too much on the 4 eye Mustangs that I have seen. But the side mouldings do look OK in body color. I would keep the window trim, headlights, and cowl black.

Can't wait to see the "in progress" and finished results!

Good luck!

Trim is black...everything else painted

stangshoth.jpg

mustangshot1.jpg

-Smoke

Smokedawg just reminded me, I also prefer the mirrors and the upper door/window frame to be black. The mirrors look good painted body color on some cars, like Smokes. They would probably be good on redfire also, but I just prefer black.

Cliff :D