Order of projects

danza

Apr 8, 2005
Hello everyone,
I own a 67 mustang and want to do a couple of things to it but was wondering if there would be any problems if i do them in this order.

1. Paint
2. Transmission swap (c-4 to some kind of manual)
3. Interior
4. Engine bay (make it look nice)
5. Headers.

Do you guys see any problems with this order?

More info:

I've replaced all the suspension parts and upgraded the front brakes to discs. It will be a daily driver and runs great right now.

I would appreciate any advice.
Thanks in advance

- Alex

• Sponsors (?)

I did the paint first, mostly due to wanting the car to look detailed, and it's so hard to not get over spray on wiring and such. But 68Rustang is right, how far do you want to tear it down? If you're stripping it to a shell, may as well paint the jambs and such while you're got it apart, then assemble it and paint the whole shell, fenders and all once you get the body gaps right. Try to catch a few episodes of show like "Overhaulin'" on TLC, and see what order they do things in. You probably won't get it done in seven days like they do, but they've got the restoration sequence down to an art.

No problem if you ahve good people working on it. I have heard horror stories about paint jobs getting fried by welding sparks with garages that don't have insurance against some damages. You can't get blood from a turnip.