Paint pricing

rllndg17

Jun 9, 2004
What is a decent price range for a front bumper paint job?

Also, I have a few rock chips I've been painting in with touch up paint, would they be able to blend those in at all? or would they just have to repaint the hood...

I understand the price will vary greatly from place to place, I'm just trying to get an idea before I go ask around at body shops later today

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

A good place should charge you anywhere from $100 to $150 or so just to paint the bumper. Ussually its around that price per panel, so figure another $150 for them to shoot the whole hood. Dont expect them to blend that in, the chips on your hood.

All in all, I'd say count on spending $350-$400

thats pretty steep, considering a new bumper isnt even that much. You should deff shop around. Also, its usually cheaper to take the bumper off and just bring it to them to paint. Maybe the $400 was for them to remove it, paint it, and re-install it:shrug: Make sure you clarify that with them. Also, if you're gonna remove it and bring it to them, make sure they can look at your car to match the paint.

I've paid anywhere from 200 to 600 for a front bumper spray. If you like their work, who cares about price. Good work costs money.

I'm also state-certified in auto paint and body. :)