part 2-Got them down to $27K out the door

• Sponsors (?)

Didn't the $750 private offer from Ford expire on the last day of March?
My offer did and that's why I traded while the rebate was still $2500. I also got X plan. I debated waiting to see if the rebate would go up. It did $500 but I would have lost the $750. If anyone knows of a $750 private offer that did not expire in March, it is news to me.

I think it did expire then (I've had mine for a few weeks now) and, no I don't think there's a second V8 option. It would have been cool if it was like the old days and there was more than one V8 to choose from.

I'm REALLY happy with the 2010...by far the best Mustang I've owned to date.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone...

actually i thought there would be a v6, 4.6 3v, and the 5.0....

I thought maybe the 5.0 was gonna be a little more exclusive to the mustang and maybe some linclons instead of being the primary v8 mill across fords entire lineup(kind of like the old 4.6 4v). But I guess that doesn't make sense for them financially.

Yep, it's called the GT500. :)

You are probably thinking of when there were rumors of the 5.0 V8, 3.7 V6 and 3.0TT Ecoboost V6.

You must be the only dealer, because nobody is budging off of sticker here. And this area will get a good amount of GTs, because it is a big market with a lot of people with money.

There are a couple other dealers that I know of running deals on '11 GT orders for just a few hundred $'s over the factory invoice total. Go to the TMS website and you'll see them posting there. One is TMS member Jeff (05FordGT) who is in Pennsylvania. I'm near Seattle. There are others out there, too, just got shop far and wide.

Brian,

Now that cars are being built, do you have a sense of how long it will take a car to arrive if ordered now?

Greg

Hi, Greg, our first '11 GT was finally scheduled just yesterday. We have several more special ordered GT's ordered behind that one. The first one is due here on 5/14. If you ordered one today, I bet it would be July - maybe August - before it arrives at this point.

well guys, I brought it home. I got them down to $27K out the door versus 29,900 out the door of their original price. I love the car. To anyone considering getting a roush shifter--DO IT!

I've been in the middle of a honey-do list and haven't had much time to post back here. But I will give more details and pics soon. Thanks to all for input. I LOVE my new car, and smile everytime I look at it. People act like it's an Aston Martin or something--I've gotten so many compliments and inquirie in just a day and a half. One guy stopped in front of my house just to ask me about it.

Nice! Congrats. Sounds like you got a good deal.....

$2000 IN ROUSH UPGRADES

Very nice,glad you finally grabbed it and didn't wait any longer.I think you got a great deal but was wondering what other Roush upgrades were on the car besides the gear shift?

Thanks Guys!!--heres some pics from the dealership....I'm still in disbelief...i can't believe i got it...

attachment.php

attachment.php

CONGRATS!!! LOOKS GREAT!! I'm sooo jealous of your ride height..my 2010 GT is still @ factory-4x4 ride height..hahaha

today I got a shop to price me for magnapacks welded in for $200 - $210 depending on the shipping.
I'm gonna also get pricing on catted prochamber and/or catted magnaflow tru x mid pipe.

I couldn't decide between borla or magnaflow--the guy was telling me that theres not too much difference in the sound. I had heard the borlas are more prone to drone-so i went with the magnapacks. Want to keep stock tips cuz my driveway is a BIOTCH, and they tend to drag a bit if i don't hit the angle juuuuuust right.

I'll definitely keep you posted. I'd like to have them installed by wednesday, but depends on when they ship. I don't know a single other person with a mustang, I would love to have heard some Borlas. They had an 07 at the shop with flowmasters welded in-it wasn't bad sounding by any stretch but just not what I was looking for. It didn't have the same sound as a new edge with flowmasters--it just wasn't the same flowmaster sound.

I agree with you fully sjpony--the 2010 exhaust tips are perfect look and fit. I may try to have them raised a half inch or so if possible. Any little bit helps with the driveway.

Hey, let me know what you go with and how it sounds. I need to get this thing louder! One thing I miss from my '07. Keep the stock tips. They look good on the 2010s.

today I got a shop to price me for magnapacks welded in for $200 - $210 depending on the shipping.
I'm gonna also get pricing on catted prochamber and/or catted magnaflow tru x mid pipe.

I couldn't decide between borla or magnaflow--the guy was telling me that theres not too much difference in the sound. I had heard the borlas are more prone to drone-so i went with the magnapacks. Want to keep stock tips cuz my driveway is a BIOTCH, and they tend to drag a bit if i don't hit the angle juuuuuust right.

Good choice with the magnapacks. I have them on my car and have been very pleased. I think you will be ok with the magnaflow tips. They are only 3.5 inch tips which isnt any bigger than stock. They are just brighter chrome.

27k isn't bad at all for 2010, but I bet they really start wheeling and dealing when the 2011's hit lots hardcore.

I know lots of people who would finance the extra money up front to have the new 5.0. Dealer lots around here are packed FULL of 2010's and IMO it's going to get worse once people actually start seeing and driving the 2011's.

Nice looking ride anyhow bro. :D