PI Swap Installation Kit

sbc44

Mar 27, 2006
Thomasville, GA
sorry to "spam" the forum with yet another PI swap question, but i searched and couldn't find an exact answer.

I, like many on this site, am thinking about doing the PI h/c/i swap on my '96 GT. Obviously, I am trying to do as complete of a swap as possible for the least amount of money. I was looking on ModularDepot.com and they have a few things i am curious about. They have the PI intake manifold installation kit here. They also have the cylinder head changing kit here. If i bought these two items, then found a set of PI heads and cams used, would that be all i need to complete the swap?

sorry if this question has already been asked and answered.

• Sponsors (?)

I would say that dependson the heads / cams, but what you could do is ask for a part-by-part list from the above mentioned sites, and then post it to see if the experienced guys have any additional comments.

Check out http://www.parkwayperformance.com/2vheadswap.asp for another list of needed parts.

Off the top of my head, i think you'd be missing the head bolts, alternator bracket, dipstick tube. The intake kit 'should' inclue the different heater / coolant hose needed.