00mustang00

Dec 1, 2015
I have a 2000 Ford Mustang V6 3.8L engine with a 5 speed manual transmission. We believe the car was in an accident at some point. The title says by previous state NV : rebuilt. The car shows minor quirks that resemble an accident and it seems a little loose when driving it. When driving the car there is a knocking noise coming from under the body of the car. I normally sit on the passenger side of the car and upon acceleration it feels like there is someone beating the underside of the passanger floor pan with a sledge hammer. We believe the knocking is a rear end knock. We haven't taken the car to a mechanic and would prefer to fix the problem ourselves. Also when you are driving and pull up to a stop light occasionally the car will die (almost like a shiver and then die). Interested to see if anyone has ever had either of these problems and what you did and if it worked for you. Thank you.

• Sponsors (?)

upon acceleration it feels like there is someone beating the underside of the passanger floor pan with a sledge hammer.
If it feels like its coming from under the seats, i'd check the motor and transmission mounts. Might not be it, but it doesn't hurt to check!

dfb0b2fba4dd1c0295b3fc2ca9a3fc14.png