Political boo-boo...

• Sponsors (?)

daywalker said:
I can acutally see an upside to gay marriage, as long as we skew it towards male couples. Think about it guys. If you have 100 guys and 100 girls, and 20 guys "marry" each other, that leaves 100 girls for 80 guys. Good times. :D

Don't forget, the door sometimes swings both ways, out of the 100 gals, they could split in two groups, 50 marrying the other 50, or all 100 go for one guy. :D Oh the possibilities are endless.

If you vote democrat, you might as well be a doorman at an abortion clinic or a flower girl at a gay wedding. Your vote directly reveals your values and priorities.

You say that like its a bad thing!

I for one am proud to be pro-choice, and pro gay marriages.
How they live there life is up to them. When it comes to me, ill marry a girl, and I can't imagine having an abortion, but that doesn't mean I can tell them they arn't allowed too.

We had 'unprovoked' large scale attacks with mass casuatlies on our soil for the first time ever (someone know of anything else like it?). This showed we were vulnerable (and this vulnerability did not just pop up in the 8 months Bush occupied the White House). Bush had our intel, intel from other countries, and intel from exiled Iraqis that a country with documented use of WMD's, a history of aggression towards it's neighbors, a frequent lack of cooperation with UN mandated weapons inspectors, and a disdain of America currently had WMD's, so he did what any sensible leader did and defended his country against one possible source of future attacks. To blame him for anything is just partisan BS or just plain ignorance. Who can say 100% what the 'right' thing would have been to do. Certainly not Gore, and I don't think Kerry has the answer either. Maybe Nader.....Nah

""second. if you give the most you get the most. what is so hard to understand about that.

Take a best buy coupon for 10% off and buy something.
If you spend $1000 you get $100 back.
If you spend $100 you get $10 back.

Its called giving back equally and cutting it across the board. Its called equality.""

It doesn't sound like you fully understand capital gains or inheritance tax cuts. What you describe above is not happening, not even close. And I am not talking about dollars, I am talking about percentages, so save the coupon analogy. Do a little research and get back to me with how you feel about the tax cut. Equality? Your joking, right?

I am against redistribution of wealth. I am for a flat tax percentage for everybody. This tax cut skews things even worse than they were before.

And as far as Intel goes, there were many naysayers about ANY connection to Iraq, period. Many in the CIA felt they had to come up with something because the war was inevitible anyway. Read the 9/11 report.

:flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

OK first of all i am in the military. I may not totally agree with some of the decisions bush has made. But he is our president. He was voted into office. He is our Commander in Chief. I will respect And obey every order he sends my way. Wether i like to or not. Its my duty. But sitting there and Protesting with signs that slams Bush is complete horse Shat. The same people that protest are the same bunch of low lifes who when sept. 11th happened were the first ones to demand that the president do something about it. Now there criticizing the way he handled it????? You just cant please some people.

Invading Iraq was the right thing to do in my opinion. Imagine if our goverment decided to start testing chemical weapons on us. How would you feel? Or if they came in and just killed us men for no reason. And raped our wives. People need to think about the civilian iraq population.

I personally talk to our deployed troops in Iraq everyday. And they say that 99% of the population over there are so thankful for what were doing. Its the 1% that are causing trouble.

Bottom line is these Anti-Bush people need to show some damn respect. Were all entitled to our own opinion but do we need to voice it in such a way thats unfair?

No matter which way you feel. Do Us all a favor and SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!!!!!!

One thing that is nice, it seems people of all political stipes support our troops. Much different than Viet Nam. I wish we could find a way to reduce the hardship that their sacrifices cost them. It would be nice if we could compensate them better.

Banditlead said:
You say that like its a bad thing!

I for one am proud to be pro-choice, and pro gay marriages.
How they live there life is up to them. When it comes to me, ill marry a girl, and I can't imagine having an abortion, but that doesn't mean I can tell them they arn't allowed too.

Exactly!

Is it a free country or not? :shrug:

A solider just back from Iraq commented to Rush that those who don't support the Commander and Chief are not supporting the troops in Iraq.

I thought about his comments for a while and I have to disagree with him. It would be different if the president was a military officer and not an elected official. If I understand how things are supposed to work in this country then ultimately the president answers to us, the people of this country. Let me explain a little better. Every thing that the president and the people he commands does is done in our name. If he does something that I don’t agree with then it is my right and perhaps my duty to question his actions. People in the military don’t have the same rights we have as far as questioning the people above them in the chain of command goes so I can understand that solder’s comments. However, I am sure that there are solders serving our country who would not agree with the solder’s statements to Rush.

On of the biggest misgivings I have with Bush is his attitude that his actions should not be questioned. I mean the people in his department have even refused to answer the questions asked by congress in the various hearings that have been conducted.