President's day "i'll sketch your car" V. 3

CobraRed_96_GT

May 20, 2006
UCSD/La Jolla
Been itching to draw a car lately instead of my usually artsy crap - so for those of you who are kinda new or forget here's the run down.
I've done this twice before. You post up a semi-high rez yet not too large image of your car - and i'll pic one to draw.

Criteria:
- Must be your car
- Keep in mind that color can only be shown as different darknesses of graphite and charcoal so graphix will be only shown as one hue mostly
- One pic per person
- I'll leave this open as long as needed till i chose a ride. Might draw it this week, this weekend, or maybe even today if i have enough submissions.
- I'll choose the one i'd like to draw the most

Pointers:
- Background isn't necessary - but helps if your car is stock externally. Just keep it simple, the car still needs to be the focal point.
- Interesting angles are good/preferred - sometimes it makes it worse (if i want to consider your car further and dont like the angle, i'll ask for another).
- Keep in mind what kinds of images look best in graphite/dark - since im using no color, just shading

New to this competition I will say that im bias towards non FR500 wheels since it requires so much detail that area of the sketch becomes much darker and has more erase marks that it looks off and becomes too much a focal point. Such was the case when drawing ADRENLN's car

First competition (TrueBlue's):

perfectpic1-1.jpg

picture044ks7.jpg

kind of stuff I normally draw:

View attachment 329828

In the past i drew it and mailed it off, ect. Now all i ask is that if you want me to draw your car you cover shipping it in a standard cardboard envelope - fair?

• Sponsors (?)