Procharger???????????

2002BLGT

Dec 18, 2003
Bedford VA
If anybody has pics of installation please email them to [email protected] , Im planning on ordering mine next month and going with the 8LB 3 core intercooler on my 2002 true blue GT , I will be using the lightning mass air and steeda 42 lbs injectors and not sure if im going to stay with the walbro pump or get a cobra tank from a junk yard . Any advice that anybody that has a Procharger already would be appreciated , and if anyone also knows of anybody good to do a dyno tune on it in my area , Roanoke VA area let me know , right now im planning on taking it to DTP in Cheasepeake if i can't find anybody that can do it RIGHT the first time closer to me .
Please advise and email me dyno charts if you have them .

THANKS

Tags gonna read BLOWMME when i get the blower on LOL

• Sponsors (?)

Procharger rocks, it's loud and definitely adds the power, but my engine broke after about 10k miles. Cheap pistons. I agree with everything you said though with regard to the fuel and air parts. It's actually not that hard to install if you can do it yourself, but get a tune as fast as you can.

Delayed entry??

poolee said:
Procharger rocks, it's loud and definitely adds the power, but my engine broke after about 10k miles. Cheap pistons. I agree with everything you said though with regard to the fuel and air parts. It's actually not that hard to install if you can do it yourself, but get a tune as fast as you can.

Delayed entry??

What was the problem , im not trying to blow it up , i wanna run the stock engine for a while thats why im going with 8 lbs

2002BLGT said:
What was the problem , im not trying to blow it up , i wanna run the stock engine for a while thats why im going with 8 lbs

I didn't get a tune soon enough(4 months later), and my fuel pressure regulator wasn't set quite right. Apparently, it was leaning out too much and it was detonating a little. Eventually part of one of the pistons broke off (look at the avatar pic) and yada yada yada...When I took the head off, you could see the burn marks in the tops of all 4 pistons on that side of the engine. Nothing happened to the block though. I had an 8 lb pulley at the time. If you get a good tune quick, you shouldn't have any problems.

poolee said:
I didn't get a tune soon enough(4 months later), and my fuel pressure regulator wasn't set quite right. Apparently, it was leaning out too much and it was detonating a little. Eventually part of one of the pistons broke off (look at the avatar pic) and yada yada yada...When I took the head off, you could see the burn marks in the tops of all 4 pistons on that side of the engine. Nothing happened to the block though. I had an 8 lb pulley at the time. If you get a good tune quick, you shouldn't have any problems.

im probably going to start it and drive it on the rollback my friend has to tow it to get it dyno tuned , unless it seems to be running really good and no pinging i might drive it easily to a shop , especially if i can find one closer to me , but right now , looks like ill be towing it to cheasepeake