pros and cons 5.0 vs 4.6

I used to have an all black 2000 Mustang GT New Edge 4.6L a couple years ago. It was fully straight piped with BBK headers, an O/R X pipe, and muffler deletes, an Injen CAI, aftermarket throttle body, aftermarket coil packs, a short throw shifter, roll bar, Cobra wheels, Toyo tires, aftermarket lowering springs and a Selene body kit. It wasn’t that fast but it was one of the most fun cars I’ve ever driven/owned. It’s a car that doesn’t necessarily have to make a ton of power to be extremely fun and memorable. The engine was also very reliable and never gave me a single problem ever within the 2 years that I daily drove it. I would recommend trying something new unless you’re specifically looking for something to make fast for cheap. Sadly I’ve never owned a Fox Body so can’t compare the two. I currently drive a 2016 Mustang GT S550 5.0 which is the best car I’ve ever owned. The 5.0L V8 is also bulletproof in terms of reliability and makes a lot of power/torque. Both the 5.0 and 4.6 sound AMAZING. My New Edge was insanely loud and could be heard from miles at WOT on the freeway. I think my 5.0 sounds better with the muffler delete, Pypes resonator delete H pipe and stock cats that I’m running. But you really can’t go wrong with either car if I’m being honest.

• Sponsors (?)