prothane motor mount install trouble...

IndyBlk5.0

Nov 24, 2003
New Whiteland, IN
well, i just put in the new prothane motor mounts with the engine out, so it was pretty easy except getting the old ones off, degreased the surface of the k member, and bolted them on, now...... the problem... when i look at them square from the side of the car into the engine bay, i see that they do not line up with each other, one mount is two the right of the other one by about 1 1/2 inches, and i looked at my motor acording to the freeze plugs, and where the motor mount bolts go into the bolt are exactly the same in porportion to the freezeplugs on both sides, (unless the freeze plugs are staggered also) So my question is, do i have these in backwards? i dont see how i could have, i would think they would go in one way and not the other, but prothane simply wrapped them up and put them in the box without specifying the side... Is this staggering normal? Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

allitle FYI, according to my measurements, and they could be wrong, but... the heads themselves are staggered, which in turn also... the freezeplugs are staggered, which would explain why the pistons are slightly staggered too, i guess we learn something everyday dont we?