Recommend Clutch!!!

• Sponsors (?)

97rioreddohc said:
Whats up fellas? I was wondering what type of clutch I should get in my '97 Stang?? Mcleod?? Centeforce? any others i'm forgetting, advantages disadvantages? aluminum flywheel?? a little education on clutches please !!!!!

I have a Spec Stage I and love it, and I know I am not the only one :nice:

Stock, if not a lighter pedal feel on mine...even though I've driven other people's cars and mine seems stiff compared to theirs...But from my stock clutch there isn't much difference between the two...

I was recommended by a guy in our mustang club to go with a Spec Stage I, but I went ahead and got the Stage II because people say the Kevlar disc seems to last a little better than the organic disc that's on the Stage II's...there's about $100 difference between the two stages I think...

I bought mine at http://modernperformancenw.com ...They have awesome customer service and I got the clutch in about 3 days, and that was coming all the way from Washington state to Missouri...

i would go with the spec 2 unless you your running a power adder or a high horse power NA car. then got with the Spec 3.

but with a spec clutch you MUST (cant stress it enought) go easy on it for 1000 miles or it will chatter

I have a SPEC stage II and definitely plan on replacing it with the same come time. I don't believe it is necessary to baby the clutch at first. I actually reved it slightly higher to break in without chatter. Got 12,000 miles on it now and feels great.

Don't know how well its going to stand up to the blower tho. :D

Matt

Spec stage 2 fan here. little bit of chatter on break in but very user friendly now. aluminum flywheel as well car revs faster. I think my pedal got harder with this clutch, but I'm also running stock quadrant, I've been told that an adjustable quadrant with this clutch yeilds a pretty light feel.