Removing Stock Upper/Lower Intake - How hard?

Michael Yount said:
... before you lube the new rings and reinsert.
:jester: Bet you've been waiting a long time to use that one too, huh?

:scratch: You lost me on the cups too. On a slight bunny trail along those lines, now would be a good time to have your injectors serviced if you have any doubts about their integrity and know of someone who does it for a reasonable price. (most places charge almost as much as new injectors cost, this is an unreasonable price- but a few people in here have had it done for around $50 I've heard, and that's worth considering) Oh, and to answer
how do you pull out the injectors from the intake without damaging anything?
Carefully. When you pull them out, think of unplugging an electric cord from the wall- you don't want to just yank the cord. Firm even pressure on the plug itself, ya know? Then don't just drop them on the workbench. They are precision items, and need to be treated with as much care as a spark plug. Most people don't realise this. Ironically enough, most people think modified stangs all get bad gas milage too...

• Sponsors (?)

The cups he's refering is probably the plastic pentle covers and your answer is yes you can buy a kit with new o-rings and pentle covers at your local auto shop but they might have to order them so call ahead and find out if they have them in stock

...?
Petrolium based product; the O rings are impervious to just about everything. You can easily use motor oil, tranny fluid, no problem. They stand up to gasoline, they are pretty rugged little dudes. About the only thing I've ever seen cause a problem is brake fluid, tends to make them swell up a bit which pretty much defeats the purpose of lubing. Never had, or heard of, a problem with lithium grease. WD-40 on the other hand, evaporates- and according to the WD-40 bulk product safety sheet has a flashpoint of 120F and should be kept away from all heat, flame, and sources of ignition. I don't think using it on an engine would be wise.

any oil based lube will work for the o-rings. Just don't use silicone spray that could get in the intake and wind up in the exhaust - it'll attack the O2 sesnors. The "cups" may be the fuel rail receivers for the inkectors - they look like inverted cups. Spray some lube on the tops of the rings in the intake and let it soak in to make removing them a lot easier.