Repair Of Light That Projects Image Of Mustang?

pauldz

Sep 5, 2016
Hi,
Didn't even notice this when we bought our 2016 Mustang convertible, but there are lights in the side-view mirrors that project a cute image of the Mustang logo onto the ground. The passenger-side projection is perfect, but on the driver's side the image is distorted. Is there an easy fix for this?
Thanks,
p

• Sponsors (?)

Hi,
Didn't even notice this when we bought our 2016 Mustang convertible, but there are lights in the side-view mirrors that project a cute image of the Mustang logo onto the ground. The passenger-side projection is perfect, but on the driver's side the image is distorted. Is there an easy fix for this?
Thanks,
p
I would imagine that there is an issue with the lens in the mirror itself, I would visit the dealer and see what they say. I can't imagine them not fixing this for you under the warranty.

Need to buy replacement bulb. They're cheap now, (I think less than $25) entire unit snaps in. Both my puddle lamps were distorted but I bought new lamps and all is well. As said above, warranty should fix

Both of mine have developed issues; the driver side almost looks like there's water in it, lots of spots, and the passenger side has a bad line going thru it. Waiting on something else to need repairing before I bring it in for warranty work. Almost at 20k miles!