RIPOFF ALERT!!! liberty mustang supply...

walker95svt

May 21, 2005
Abilene, TX
HI EVERYONE!!!

Let me explain what happened from the beginning, before it happens to you. Never buy from liberty mustang supply. I don't ordinarily smear a business, but I'm pretty upset at these guys.

It took them MANY months after I placed the order to send my hood, and this was only after I called once a week for about four months. There were many weeks when I was calling every damn day. Out of probably HUNDREDS of calls the guys at LMS finally picked up. They claimed there was a mix up; reluctantly, I gave them another chance.:bang:

The hood arrived, and I paid cash to the shippers (some unknown ass company) for shipping. :notnice:

Upon installing the hood,, I noticed it was horribly f*#ked up. We're talking all bent out of shape, not a chance it'll fit. That was over a month ago. I got ahold of a lady at liberty mustang supply, who told me to send her pictures, and that she would get the situation straightened out. At this point, I was still being EXTREMELY nice. I took three good pics, and emailed them within a half hour of being off the phone. I talked to the lady once more, who said the pics would be forwarded to the big shots, and I NEVER HEARD FROM THEM AGAIN!!!!

I AM OUT 400 DOLLARS AND AM IN THE MIDDLE OF STARTING LEGAL ACTION AGAINST THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only problem is, none of three different lawyers CAN GET THEM TO PICK UP THE @#^%$!@*&%$@#*&%^@$#*&@%^ PHONE!!!!!!!!:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

makes sense doesn't it? well, they had the only single rise cowl hood for my 95 besides cervinis. We all know cervinis costs a fortune, so the phrase "you get what you pay for" certainly applies here. Cervinis advertises in the mags, and they have an internet site.

There is a thread on the corral about one of the hood manufactures (Cobra Auto Designs and some other) anyway, Liberty is mentioned in the thread. The phone number they list is supposed to be a cell phone number and a few other items that make one question them.

That sucks man. Every year at FFW I walk by the Cobra Auto Designs/Cincinatti Composites/Liberty Mustang Supply/Whatever they call themselves now and just shake my head at all the poor saps looking at those hoods. Of course, those guys are probably getting the best ones as they can check them over right there.

yeah, I was dumb. I should've bought the damn cervini's right off the bat. I was actually referred to them (liberty) off of stangnet. I had another thread a long time ago about single rise hoods for 94-98 cars. What you said about it being a cell phone is accurate, and that's the one they don't pick up.

I feel bad though. I spend so much money on mustang parts, I try to spread my money around and help a bunch of smaller businesses. I was buying from late model restoration supply for a while before they got huge, and they never screwed me. They're awesome. It goes to show, and there's a reason they're huge today.

Another company I got screwed by years ago was coast high performance. That's a whole other story, but soon after I cam out with my story, people came out of the woodwork complaining about them.