Seat Information

Bo Highfill

Jul 26, 2016
Hi, I'm new to this site. I have a1969 Mach1 and a 1966 coupe. The 69 I have had since 1986 but never had time to get it completely restored. I'm getting close. It's kind of a resto mod. It's a big block 390 car and It has a 302 in it now. I'm having trouble getting the right brackets and pulley combination for the power steering pump. It's a 1978 block with the water pump coming out on the drivers side to accomadate the 390 radiator. I was told to use the 72 pump and brackets bu the pulley's don't line up. any ideas to what I need to make this work without changing my radiator,pump and balancer and pointer. THANKS

• Sponsors (?)

Hey Bo, welcome to stangnet.

We have subforums for each style of mustang, would you like for me to move your thread to the classic (1965-1973)section?

Pulley mixes and matches can be a pain in the butt when using different year components .I am not sure what matches up to the balancer on a 78 motor the pulleys are very different .They make spacers to go behind the water pump pulley to shim it out .and you may need to space the alternator also .Do you have the pulleys for a 69 302 you can try for alignment ?

I have some but it's the power steering pump pulley that needs to come out. I was wondering if they make a double pulley for that. I think that would do it but I've never seen one on that style pump.