Senior Firefighter Of The Year

MysteryMachine

Jun 21, 2003
Parkesburg, PA
Had our fire company banquet tonight. Chief got up to give out awards and got the the senior firefighter of the year. My gf leaned over and said "its gonna be you" I was like "no its not" so she goes "well then who will it be?" I said "somebody that makes more calls" Then he said my name. I was really suprised I stood up and said "How in the hell did that happen" lol. Got a framed certficate.

maybe I'm working up the ladder lol I want a LT. spot lol

View attachment 470258

• Sponsors (?)

Congrats Eugene ( ha ha, I know you hate that). Did you tell them that they misspelled your name? It starts with a 'J'............... :D

Kiddin aside, that's cool mang. :nice:

xr8d302 said:
Congrats man! Always nice to feel like your getting some recognition for doing such a risky job. You'll be chief'in that place in no time!
Thats the future plan. Got a few years to go according to the new by-laws think you have to be 28 and I'll have to get EMT which I never wanted to get I could care less about the Ambulances

Thanks Guys

MysteryMachine said:
and I'll have to get EMT which I never wanted to get I could care less about the Ambulances
:eek: As I read along, I thought you were going to say that you could care less about helping people. :lol:

HISSIN50 said:
:eek: As I read along, I thought you were going to say that you could care less about helping people. :lol:
yeah I'm just in it for the fame and glory. As soon as I get on the news for saving a life I'm done :rolleyes:

Ya know I never really got it and didn't notice till my first gf mentioned it to me one time. I'm scared to try new things I'm a big wuss about it I'm always scared I'll get hurt. But I won't think twice about running into a burning building people in it or not I'm ready to tear in. Or walk up on a burning car to put it out. I guess its just in my blood my grand father, dad, and uncle were all firefighters.

One time which was my only real house fire so far (we don't get many here) It was at an abandoned house fully envolved. We were told to go in the front door. There was an inclosed pourch on the front of the house which was starting to burn. I was so amped up to be the first guy in the door I was just like come on lets go. They held me back they were liek that pourch room will colapse I was like so what by that time we'll be inside come on we can just craw under it. Till this day I bring that up to tho guy that was backing me up I always say "if you weren't such a puss we would have been the first ones in"

Congrats on FF of the Year! As far as what you were talking about below, You get over that real fast when you fall through a porch that is close to 10ft off the ground. Trust me I did and my lower back reminds me of it almost daily. Going into a burning building is one of the most exciting and scary things I have ever done in my life but the one thing I have learned is when somebody says it does not look safe it's probably not.

MysteryMachine said:
yeah I'm just in it for the fame and glory. One time which was my only real house fire so far (we don't get many here) It was at an abandoned house fully envolved. We were told to go in the front door. There was an inclosed pourch on the front of the house which was starting to burn. I was so amped up to be the first guy in the door I was just like come on lets go. They held me back they were liek that pourch room will colapse I was like so what by that time we'll be inside come on we can just craw under it. Till this day I bring that up to tho guy that was backing me up I always say "if you weren't such a puss we would have been the first ones in"