Shocked.

I finally ran into a 05/06 the other day, could not tell he was behind me. We took off from about 10-15Mph until we hit a light. It was a short run but seemed close-ish.

I took off from the light, got a bad launch, but he was right behind me and was faster...Never got a chance to do a side by side.

So I went a bought a programmer and now am just starting to tune....maybe gears next and I should be equal or close.

~K

• Sponsors (?)

What's so shocking?

I really loved my 2001 True Blue Mustang GT. It was so much fun as a daily driver. Hopefully my new one (looking for a 2007 GT, or Shelby GT)will live up to what I've been missing.

I think mustang owners appreciate all mustangs (exception- Mustang II).
......................................................................................:lol:

I'd say the 3V's have a crappy stock tune, not necessarily that the respond to it better. But who knows. I know on mine, I threw an 80mm MAF tune on it (when I have a 90mm... i was tired and threw the wrong tune on) and it seemed to be very sluggish. I threw the 90mm tune on and it was worlds of difference. I think the tune is very crucial on the 3v's. I hope to get ours dyno tuned next year to get the most out of it.

That said... I try to rev or waive at sn95's and other owners also, though I usually catch myself being too busy actually checking out their ride to remember.

squares98 said:
I can edge out an stock 05+5 speed from a roll. But's its impossible to match that cars off the line prowness. It launches way to easy

I had the opportunity to race an 05 5 speed at the track a month or so ago. I was all stock save for 4.10s....and all i know that he had was either a catback or mufflers(it was definately louder than stock). I won, but he definately had some traction issues...and/or was a poor driver. I got a big jump on him from the line and held it to the end, though he was closing towards the end. We only got to run once. I believe it was a father/son "team". They were visibly pissed they lost to me so I didnt bother talking to them.