Shopping For A New Tuner

flstang65

10 Year Member
Dec 6, 2007
SE Georgia
I think I might be in the market for a new tuner. This spring I think I am going to tear into the 04 and clean it up. Nothing crazy being that it is a legit black 40th GT. I have been using the Sniper Special Forces tuning software for years and have loved it but, being that it is windows XP based and, Microsoft doesn't offer support for XP any more, I am worried that it could come back to bite me in the a$$ one day. I am doing some research on my own but, would like to hear some of your opinions. I might stay with some new Sniper stuff as I have had awesome luck with their customer service.

• Sponsors (?)

Let's see... You've been here since 07 and I've been here since.... A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.

In all that time, you've read my two-cents on off-the-shelf tunes, regardless of year. I'm not a fan.

Reactions: 1 user
You are correct and I am aware of your feelings on those tuners but, the car has sat for 5 because of the newly expanded family, military obligations and grad school (hence why I have not been around much lately). Things are dated, technology has changed and, I am finally in a position to dust the car off and go through it thoroughly. I don't mind the boxed tunes for around town and lightly modified engines but, I would like to make a few changes to the engine and would like a tuner that I can use when I actually have the need to actually go to a dyno for professional tuning after those changes have been made. I guess I need to see what tuners use what software in my area.

You are correct and I am aware of your feelings on those tuners but, the car has sat for 5 because of the newly expanded family, military obligations and grad school (hence why I have not been around much lately). Things are dated, technology has changed and, I am finally in a position to dust the car off and go through it thoroughly. I don't mind the boxed tunes for around town and lightly modified engines but, I would like to make a few changes to the engine and would like a tuner that I can use when I actually have the need to actually go to a dyno for professional tuning after those changes have been made. I guess I need to see what tuners use what software in my area.

In those terms, it's simple. Figure out which dyno-tuner you are most likely to attend. Use whatever it is they're going to sell you anyway. hehe