should i do it

jdetten

Aug 17, 2003
i have a 2003 gt with an slp catback i want a little deeper rumble not so truckish sounding i was wondering would it work out ok to just weld in some flowmaster super 40's or try a h pipe im looking to the flows :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

if you do, I would like to buy the resonators from you and try them on my cobra and see if I like them. As far as looking for the flows with an h pipe, there probably isn't any deeper more aggressive sound out there on a mustang. There is magnaflow, but it is quiet. The magnapacks are pretty much the same design that you have right now. You may try spintech pro streets or sportsmans as well. They are a different sound, and are more aggressive than regular magnaflows.

my .02 would be sell the catback and buy the flowmaster catback. I think you would work out better $$$$ wise in the long run. you should be able to get almost full boat out of the slp. you can do well on ebay. I personally don't like the the loudmouth sound. it only gets worse as you open it up with no cats. if you want to just do mufflers look at borla xr1's they sound great with an o/r pipe. just depends on how much the shop charges on labor. if you know someone and they will do it for $40 buck no biggy. local shop hear wanted $150 just for labor. that was retarded.

jdetten said:
i have a 2003 gt with an slp catback i want a little deeper rumble not so truckish sounding i was wondering would it work out ok to just weld in some flowmaster super 40's or try a h pipe im looking to the flows :bang:

are you ****ing nuts?? don't get rid of your SLP catback for some cheap quality flowmasters. If you want a deeper louder rumble go with an off road mid pipe like Prochamber or MrT o/r H-pipes. SLP catback dyno results around 9-11rwhp and Flowmaster 3rwhp?? no contest.. SLP hands down though i don't support SLP myself..

hognutz said:
my .02 would be sell the catback and buy the flowmaster catback. I think you would work out better $$$$ wise in the long run. you should be able to get almost full boat out of the slp. you can do well on ebay. I personally don't like the the loudmouth sound. it only gets worse as you open it up with no cats. if you want to just do mufflers look at borla xr1's they sound great with an o/r pipe. just depends on how much the shop charges on labor. if you know someone and they will do it for $40 buck no biggy. local shop hear wanted $150 just for labor. that was retarded.
:nonono:

read above.. only thing i agree with you on is the Borla's another great company.