Sn95 Driver Door Lock Jammed - Can't Open Door At All!

blkstang999

Feb 13, 2015
96 Mustang GT, driver door is jammed in the semi-closed position with about an inch gap.

It first started with the door latch unbolting somehow along the highway, which was fun.
- Checked the door lock, internal lock mechanism unhinged. I refastened the bolts
- Noticed the door wouldn't lock anymore at all, remote and switch. The door lock pin would go slightly down, then pop up.
- The latch on the door side didn't move
- Took the door panel off, and looked around like a noob, fiddled with the actuator and I noticed the door pin would stay up now when I pressed the remote and switch
- Like an idiot, I noticed the latch on the door was in the lock position, thinking it was fixed, put the panel back on, then I closed it. Now it's stuck for good.
- Remote, switch, and door handle won't open the door.

So now, I can slightly prop open the door panel from the inside but not completely. I can painfully squeeze my hand close to the lock mechanism but I have no clue what I'm doing.

Appreciate any help and detailed pictures would be super helpful! Thanks

Cheers,
- The embarrassed Mustang driver crawling though his passenger door all weekend to get to his office job, hoping he doesn't have to park a block away from any coffee dates this weekend...praying to the rain gods the rain doesn't seep in the gap.

• Sponsors (?)