Sold my Mach and ordered a....

Until you own an '05+ Mustang, you won't realize how cheap the SN-95's are..

I see what you're saying but I got a pretty good deal on my car and my bandaided fox chassied Stang suits me just fine. :D

But comparing them to the S197's- well, it's a night and day difference- completely different cars..

Looks being subjective of course I'm biased towars my car, but performance wise they're not that far apart. With the Mach coming out on top in most straighline numbers I've seen with new GTs while obviously the SN97 has a great edge in refinement and handling with the all new chassy and suspension. So when Ford offers something say larger then a 4.6 in the GT is when I'll start seriously considering a new Stang. Either way selling one heritage inspired Mustang for another is okay in my book, after all I'm just a fan of most Stangs overall. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Congrats on your choice! Personally, the Shelby GT is my favorite of the S197 Mustangs (so far.) I just like the idea of a factory built (or in this case factory outsourced) special edition with a few tasteful and effective mods. It's not overweight and un-affordable like the GT500. It's visually distinctive, has 20 extra horses and handles better than a GT. What's not to like? The only thing that bothers me is dealer markup, but that's a whole other topic and you paid under MSRP so it's not an issue here.

Could you reproduce the Shelby GT's performance for less money? Yes. Could you clone a Shelby GT for less money? Probably. Would a reproduction have the same heritage, appeal and re-sale as your Shelby? No.

The Shelby does not beat a GT, the numbers are identical. But for 10 grand, a blown GT will beat the day lights out of the Shelby plus money left over for the strips and grill. If you like it, go for it, but you paid about 10 grand for a hood scoop and stripes. There are far too many mustang apologists out there. How far are we going to take these "special" Stangs when the Challenger and Camero are going to beat heck out of our cars very soon?

There is on avg 1 new mustang coming out a week. The Roush beat the hell out of the GT500 on a road course, minus 85hp and the Roush lost to a stock C6 vette, nope not the z06, just a stock vette. They cost about the same.

Put an IRS in these cars already!

The vette used in the shot out against the ROUSH was a Z51 version (suspension and brake package) not a stock vette, yes its one level down from a Z06 but still not your average stock vette that most of the dicks drive around my town. These guys just like to pose with there cars for pictures and trailer them to a car shows.

Until you own an '05+ Mustang, you won't realize how cheap the SN-95's are..

My '04 had a lot of road noise, a lot of creaks, squeaks, etc... I never was able to get comfortable in the seat, either.

I am not bashing the pre-'05's... I think they are awesome cars.. But comparing them to the S197's- well, it's a night and day difference- completely different cars..

I disagree with your opinion of the pre 05's. I had an 03 coupe I absolutely loved! It had it's pros and cons just like the S197 (and nothing relative to build quality), but it was a great car! I wish I was able to keep it when I purchased my 07 GT.

Regarding your Shelby GT, congrats!! :nice: And even bigger congrats on getting such a great deal on it considering what dealers have gotten away with on these cars. Well worth what you paid... :hail2: it's just too bad you couldn't have kept that Mach 1 also.... those 2 cars would have been a nice start to a great collection....:drool:

I disagree with your opinion of the pre 05's. I had an 03 coupe I absolutely loved! It had it's pros and cons just like the S197 (and nothing relative to build quality), but it was a great car! I wish I was able to keep it when I purchased my 07 GT.

Regarding your Shelby GT, congrats!! :nice: And even bigger congrats on getting such a great deal on it considering what dealers have gotten away with on these cars. Well worth what you paid... :hail2: it's just too bad you couldn't have kept that Mach 1 also.... those 2 cars would have been a nice start to a great collection....:drool:

Thanks! I didn't have to sell it to buy the Shelby for financial reasons, i wanted to keep it. It was that wife thing :nono:
I think she figured the Mach and the Shelby would be in the garage and her 06 GT would be sitting outside. Guess one toy at a time is all i can have.

Well i guess i shouldn't say that, because i also have this about 80 to 90% restored.

100_0908.jpg

100_0901.jpg

Machn congrats on the new car. I owned a 95 GT and a 96 Cobra (both convertibles) before my 07 GT Conv and agree with your assessment of the improvements in the new platform. I loved the Cobra, but after renting an 06 coupe for a weekend I was hooked on the new platform. Much like you, I bought my 07 to drive, not worship or to put away for my grandkids. I took delivery of the car over Labor Day weekend and am at close to 19,000 miles already.

For V. Barbarino, maybe you should change your Stangnet name to "Mister Half-Full." I've never heard such half baked, opinionated & negative stuff on this site since the days when I frequented the 4.6 talk forum. There were a small number of young members who regularly posted there who just didn't have a clue. Give the guy a break. He bought the car that he wanted, and could probably give a crap less what you think about the car or his decision.

Nice looking Bronco Machn!

Here is an older pic of me(circa 1996)with my toys. '92 LX 5.0 and '69 F-250. I loved them both!!!!!
stang_f250_me-95.jpg

kool, thats a nice 69. It would be worth a few bucks now. The old Ford trucks are starting to bring some decent money. This is the 4th 79 Bronco i've had. I love it but the kicker is the poor fuel mileage, about 8 mpg at best.

New Shelby GT. Tough decision but i did it. I bought the Mach new and it was garaged and pampered with only 9,100 miles on the clock. Took a deposit on it Sunday from a fellow in Indiana.

Last year we bought a new 06 GT auto for my wife and the more seat time i spent in it, i realized the new platform is light years ahead of the previous models. I also like the retro bodystyle better since i'm an "old guy". I also like the blend of old school look with the modern technology on the new cars.

Monday night i drove A Shelby GT at my local dealer to see if it was comparably to my STOCK Mach in performance with the cold air intake, computer performance recalibration and exhaust. I was surprised and think it could be a drivers race between the two. If the Mach is a bit faster it's a small trade off for the step up in cars imo. I think these cars could possibly be sleepers for future collectability since they are converted by Shelby and carry a Shelby tag with a Shelby CSM number, although thats not the reason i bought it.

The car i drove wasn't optioned the way i want ,so i ordered one since they had a couple more allocations. This car will probably be the toy i retire with. When i'm gone and fertilizing daisy's, my grandson who's 2 yrs. old now, will own it. :cheers:

congrats on the Shelby!

they are beautiful cars, i don't care what anyone says!!

Machn congrats on the new car. I owned a 95 GT and a 96 Cobra (both convertibles) before my 07 GT Conv and agree with your assessment of the improvements in the new platform. I loved the Cobra, but after renting an 06 coupe for a weekend I was hooked on the new platform. Much like you, I bought my 07 to drive, not worship or to put away for my grandkids. I took delivery of the car over Labor Day weekend and am at close to 19,000 miles already.

After we bought the wifes 06 GT i was hooked also. The difference is like night and day. Here's a pic of hers i took last summer on vacation at Table Rock lake in the Ozarks. We love it.
100_0786.jpg

For V. Barbarino, maybe you should change your Stangnet name to "Mister Half-Full." I've never heard such half baked, opinionated & negative stuff on this site since the days when I frequented the 4.6 talk forum. There were a small number of young members who regularly posted there who just didn't have a clue. Give the guy a break. He bought the car that he wanted, and could probably give a crap less what you think about the car or his decision.

Marine One you are correct, i couldn't care less what he thinks. He seems to have a hard on for specialty Mustangs, especially Shelbys.

Maybe he should buy a Vette. His " i know it all " personality matches the car perfectly. :p

You've got the one option on your 06 GT that if I had it to do again I would've ordered on my 97--the polished 18 inch wheels. Table rock lake brings back some memories of my college days at Central Missouri State....

The car had the 18" fanblades but the wife didn't care for them, so the dealer swapped them out for the polished bullits.

I don't get it. Those cars won't be work a dime in terms of collectors item in a few years, even in a 100 years won't be worth any thing. How much did you pay? Loaded it's about 38k, then add in taxes etc, and you are looking at 40K for a car which car and driver or road and track (can't remember) said you could duplicate for 2600 bucks! "Minus the god awful hood scoop" (their words)

For 40k plus, You have a mustang gt and ten grandish in waste. I love my car, love my old 5.0, my family has loved our 12 stangs, but Shelbys are crap, buy a vette for 45 and whoop on it.

The shelby runs the same time as a 350z and a mustang GT, and actually a GT stopped shorter than the Shelby. Shelbys name is crap now, might as well slap some stripes and a shelby sticker on a lawn mower.

ps. I think it looks kick ass, see them all over down here in lauderdale.

First off, Carroll Shelby's name is not crap. He is the Enzo Ferrari of the American Sports car scene and respected internationally. When he speaks, everybody listens. I am a friend of his, not a close one, but close enough that he has called my house several times and I have all of his telephone numbers: home, California and Vegas offices and his Texas ranch.

I could have used my ties to get a Shelby GT or a GT500 (at or below sticker) but I didn't want the car payment and insurance premium of a GT500. And I wanted a Stang in either Tungsen Grey or Grabber Orange with a Shaker Hood which none of this was an option with a Shelby GT.

My feelings on the Shelby GT is that you are paying for the Shelby name. You can upgrade a base GT and get a better looking, quicker car like I did for less money. I don't have $30,000 in my new 2007 stang yet with all the mods and assessories and my car (an auto) turned a 13.682s in the 1/4 mile and all my best session runs density altitude correct to 13.4s. The Shelby GT-H (an auto) turns the 1/4 mile in 13.9.

In the end, the Shelby GT will have better resale value but I doubt I will ever sell my Stang because it was exactly what I always wanted in looks. And if I can get it to turn a 1/4 in the 12s without a Supercharger, it will be exactly what I wanted in performance as a daily driver: fast as a baseline Vette but can seat the whole family. ;)

And if I can get it to turn a 1/4 in the 12s without a Supercharger, it will be exactly what I wanted in performance as a daily driver: fast as a baseline Vette but can seat the whole family. ;)

You can and will! I'm fairly close and still have a handful of mods to make and still be N/A. Driveshaft, UDPs, cheater slicks, and maybe CMRC delete plates and cams. My goal however is to break into the 12s with regular street tires and full weight.

Marineone, beautiful car. Is your wife's silver or tungsten. Kind of hard to tell for me. I absolutely love the color. Might make be rethink the Vista Blue I want to eventually buy.
What color is the interior?

Marineone, beautiful car. Is your wife's silver or tungsten. Kind of hard to tell for me. I absolutely love the color. Might make be rethink the Vista Blue I want to eventually buy.
What color is the interior?

Stan, thats my wifes car. It's tungsten with dark charcoal interior. Didn't format the quote properly i guess.
Thanks for the compliment. Here's a another pic.
100_0787.jpg