Sold my Mach and ordered a....

The Shelby does not beat a GT, the numbers are identical. But for 10 grand, a blown GT will beat the day lights out of the Shelby plus money left over for the strips and grill. If you like it, go for it, but you paid about 10 grand for a hood scoop and stripes. There are far too many mustang apologists out there. How far are we going to take these "special" Stangs when the Challenger and Camero are going to beat heck out of our cars very soon?

There is on avg 1 new mustang coming out a week. The Roush beat the hell out of the GT500 on a road course, minus 85hp and the Roush lost to a stock C6 vette, nope not the z06, just a stock vette. They cost about the same.

Put an IRS in these cars already!

• Sponsors (?)

I know this idea has caused quite the stir about the forums, BUT it does not make one's car...OR tractor a wannabe/poser Shelby...merely Shelby-esque:D
I'm a firm believer in owning your own car and doing with it whatever you want...personal gratification!

I was being a smarta$$ of course, but i would have the coolest lawn tractor in the neighborhood.:D

The spinners I got from ... http://www.brsparts.com/buyemblems.html
but I think they're available from other suppliers as well. I liked these because of the way they're mounted and secured to the wheel.

take care
Allen

m1.jpg

Thanks for the link Allen!

The Shelby does not beat a GT, the numbers are identical. But for 10 grand, a blown GT will beat the day lights out of the Shelby plus money left over for the strips and grill. If you like it, go for it, but you paid about 10 grand for a hood scoop and stripes. There are far too many mustang apologists out there. How far are we going to take these "special" Stangs when the Challenger and Camero are going to beat heck out of our cars very soon?

There is on avg 1 new mustang coming out a week. The Roush beat the hell out of the GT500 on a road course, minus 85hp and the Roush lost to a stock C6 vette, nope not the z06, just a stock vette. They cost about the same.

If i was trying to be the fastest guy in town i would have bought something else. How fast a car will accelerate in a straight line isn't my main focus anymore, been there and done that. I look at the whole package. Not trying to sound conceded, but i'm in my fifties and i have had 10 sec. cars in my lifetime and it's just not my thing anymore.

$10,000 for a hood scoop and stripes? Your knowledge of what's been done to these cars overwhelms me.

Numbers are the same for a stock GT and a Shelby GT? Man my wife's GT must be a real dog. Who care's about numbers, have you ever driven a new Shelby GT? I've driven BOTH cars and i disagree.

No matter how fast you are, there's always going to be somebody faster, it's a race you'll never win.

The debate is over, have a nice day.:D

I dunno, maybe im gettin old too, but id rather push a slow broke down shelby any day of the week then drive one of those puke looking camaro's. the challenger..eh. its not as ugly as the camaro, but its still a chrysler product

and barbarino you should check out your facts a lil more you get the frpp handling package and power package along with that scoop and stripe, and while it doesnt completly absorb the 8k it cost, when you consider shipping back and forth to vegas and the numbered shelby plaque its not a bad deal.. Yes we are all aware you could have bought a normal gt and been like every other third mustang on the road and supercharged it for the omgushz im so gonna pwnz joo #s but it would still be just another mustang, at least his has something slightly less common about it

On a side note, i think your a punk. A real mustang enthusiast wouldnt sit here and bash on another because you dont like or agree with something. I see alot of cars or mods i think are silly but since im not makin his car payment im not going to judge him or his likes. If you do truly own a mustang, do us all a favor and sell it and go get yourself the newest import flavor of the month, i think you'll fit in with that crowd real well.:notnice:

I dunno, maybe im gettin old too, but id rather push a slow broke down shelby any day of the week then drive one of those puke looking camaro's. the challenger..eh. its not as ugly as the camaro, but its still a chrysler product

and barbarino you should check out your facts a lil more you get the frpp handling package and power package along with that scoop and stripe, and while it doesnt completly absorb the 8k it cost, when you consider shipping back and forth to vegas and the numbered shelby plaque its not a bad deal.. Yes we are all aware you could have bought a normal gt and been like every other third mustang on the road and supercharged it for the omgushz im so gonna pwnz joo #s but it would still be just another mustang, at least his has something slightly less common about it

On a side note, i think your a punk. A real mustang enthusiast wouldnt sit here and bash on another because you dont like or agree with something. I see alot of cars or mods i think are silly but since im not makin his car payment im not going to judge him or his likes. If you do truly own a mustang, do us all a favor and sell it and go get yourself the newest import flavor of the month, i think you'll fit in with that crowd real well.:notnice:

I thought pretty much the same thing, but didn't say anything.

My oldest daughter who is 24, had a know-it-all boyfriend who would come over and run his mouth about how much he knew about cars. Everything he talked about he read in a book, never twisted a wrench in his life. Finally i had enough one day and told him i was building street cars when he was still sucking on his mama's teety, he didn't have much to say after that.:D

I thought pretty much the same thing, but didn't say anything.

My oldest daughter who is 24, had a know-it-all boyfriend who would come over and run his mouth about how much he knew about cars. Everything he talked about he read in a book, never twisted a wrench in his life. Finally i had enough one day and told him i was building street cars when he was still sucking on his mama's teety, he didn't have much to say after that.:D

I would've asked which cars you were wrenching on :p

I don't get it. Those cars won't be work a dime in terms of collectors item in a few years, even in a 100 years won't be worth any thing. How much did you pay? Loaded it's about 38k, then add in taxes etc, and you are looking at 40K for a car which car and driver or road and track (can't remember) said you could duplicate for 2600 bucks! "Minus the god awful hood scoop" (their words)

For 40k plus, You have a mustang gt and ten grandish in waste. I love my car, love my old 5.0, my family has loved our 12 stangs, but Shelbys are crap, buy a vette for 45 and whoop on it.

The shelby runs the same time as a 350z and a mustang GT, and actually a GT stopped shorter than the Shelby. Shelbys name is crap now, might as well slap some stripes and a shelby sticker on a lawn mower.

ps. I think it looks kick ass, see them all over down here in lauderdale.

Apparently, Barbarino, you're too busy worshiping Car & Driver to realize how "special" the Shelby GT's are..

Here is my post in response to another Shelby bash of yours:
Yeah, Car & Driver ripped the Shelby apart.. I love the logic of pricing all of the parts so you can build your own.. :rolleyes: It's also another way to bury Ford even deeper in the ground..

$1000 of the shelby package is a gas guzzler tax

What they need to add to their $2700 is the shipping and labor, pus the extra parts:
*shipping to get all of the parts
*the black spoked rims- have to paint those yourself..
*the California special bumpers
*the CS side scoops
*the stripes, plus the installation
*spare tire delete, in exchange for SVT inflator
*installation for all of the parts- springs, sway bars, strut brace, intake, computer recalibration, emblems, shifter, mufflers, x-pipe, 3:55 gears, hood pins, billet grill..

Also, over on the Shelby forums, if any of the owners have problems, SAI does their best to fix them. Owners have had issues with hood pins, etc.. Shelby sends new parts.. etc..

Anyway, not looking at the cost of each part, I believe my car was worth every penny..
View attachment 386489
View attachment 386490
View attachment 386491

The only thing that upsets me is having to use premium fuel..:nonono:

Otherwise, I cannot put a value on all of the happiness this car brings me. :D

Please, please, put the C&D away.. Also, quit watching Barrett Jackson auctions.. :nono:

There are too many people focused on making money with their cars.. When I was at the dealer doing numbers on my car that "won't be worth anything in 100 years," I never once thought about rolling it through an auction in 30 years..

You wanna know what thoughts rolled through my mind? Mainly, the thought of being able to handle a bigger payment than the '04 GT.. Also, about which alarm I was going to have installed on the car.. I never once thought about the car being a "dressed up GT, with a $10k markup." I fell in love with the car, and didn't mind paying $7300 for all of the mods..

I have already driven the car over 1000 miles.. I could give a rat's a$$ about too many miles, or having Shelby's name on my trunklid, dash, rocker panel, or engine bay. I respect who Shelby is as a person, and I wouldn't change anything about the car he designed.. But honestly, I WANT to be able to restore this car in 20 years..

And another thing... The Shelby GT's were modified at Shelby's factory in Vegas.. Personally touched by his employees.. Tell me why that won't be worth anything down the road.. Also, why are the original GT350's worth so much if they were just "dressed up with a few more horsepower?" Apparently, it is all in the name.. you're just too jealous to realize that.. :rolleyes:

On the other hand, the GT500's (awesome cars, although 500 hp is too much for a DD :drool:) are designed by Shelby and SVT, although they are built/modified by FORD................. :shrug:

Okay, I'm done.. I just wish people like you wouldn't base their facts on a Ford-bashing magazine article that favors the imports... :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

Actually, I'm not done...:nonono:

Loaded it's about 38k, then add in taxes etc, and you are looking at 40K for a car which car and driver or road and track (can't remember) said you could duplicate for 2600 bucks! "Minus the god awful hood scoop" (their words)...
Okay, but all GT Mustangs, $27000+ come with sales tax and other fees; that shouldn't even be a factor.. And the hood scoop.. it is reminiscent of the Shelby Cobras.. I like it..

...Shelbys are crap, buy a vette for 45 and whoop on it....
Okay, maybe for a BASE vette.. But is this about buying the brand you love, or simply the desire to have fast car? Vette owners are usually old farts going through a mid-life crisis..:rolleyes:

ps. I think it looks kick ass, see them all over down here in lauderdale.
Surrrrre you do... :nonono: Especially because SAI has only built about 2000 of the cars...

The only thing I'll add to this 'discussion' ;) is that the Shelby, regardless of whether it's collectible or not, will hold it's value much better than a Gt modified to the same level. I've never seen a modified used car sell for the value of the stock car + value of the add-on parts (both depreciated). In fact I've seen several highly modified cars (poor fellas put 20k+ into building motors, suspension, etc.) sell for less than 5k over bluebook; barely 1,000 miles on the mods. :( There's something about OEM hotrodding that holds value much better than even stock models. Warranty, Quality, Durability, etc.

Tom

The only thing I'll add to this 'discussion' ;) is that the Shelby, regardless of whether it's collectible or not, will hold it's value much better than a Gt modified to the same level. I've never seen a modified used car sell for the value of the stock car + value of the add-on parts (both depreciated). In fact I've seen several highly modified cars (poor fellas put 20k+ into building motors, suspension, etc.) sell for less than 5k over bluebook; barely 1,000 miles on the mods. :( There's something about OEM hotrodding that holds value much better than even stock models. Warranty, Quality, Durability, etc.

Tom

Exactly!!!

Knowing that all of the mods on my car were done in a shop, versus someone that didn't do them right, or did a "hack job," is worth the price!

Isn't it funny how the C&D article claims you will lose your warranty if you perform the mods yourself? Maybe they should factor in the cost of having to buy a warranty after you buy the parts for $2700..:rolleyes:

I didn't expect my thread to turn into a pi$$ing match but there's always one in the crowd. I have come to the conclusion that V Barbarino must be the same Vinnie Barbarino that was on that the old sitcom WELCOME BACK KOTTER, he was the dumbest character on the show. :rlaugh:

1965coupe you had to go and post pics didn't ya :D looking like august before i get mine.

BTW nice car!

I love both the Shelby Stangs. They are very worthy cars for the MSRP!!!!! The thing that makes me not give a rats azz about them is the dealer putting outrageous markups on them! Neither is worth that and that is very sad...

I love both the Shelby Stangs. They are very worthy cars for the MSRP!!!!! The thing that makes me not give a rats azz about them is the dealer putting outrageous markups on them! Neither is worth that and that is very sad...

That's the reason i didn't buy a GT500, dealer was marking them up $15,000 over sticker. The Shelby GT on the other hand, i got UNDER sticker.

That's the reason i didn't buy a GT500, dealer was marking them up $15,000 over sticker. The Shelby GT on the other hand, i got UNDER sticker.

Hell that dealer is offering a deal on the 500s at only $15K over:rlaugh: Can't blame you at all on the Shelby GT purchase being that it was no more than sticker!!!!!

Vinny's response to me in another post about my pony emblems...
"Looks terrible. Either keep the GT badge or go badge less but otherwise those badges look cheap and make your car look cheap imho."

So if that's the case, if you mod your GT to look like a Shelby would this happen as well?

Ok, I'm done here:D

I'd of kept the Mach 1, but that's just me, nice car either way mang.

Until you own an '05+ Mustang, you won't realize how cheap the SN-95's are..

My '04 had a lot of road noise, a lot of creaks, squeaks, etc... I never was able to get comfortable in the seat, either.

I am not bashing the pre-'05's... I think they are awesome cars.. But comparing them to the S197's- well, it's a night and day difference- completely different cars..