Spintech mufflers anyone have them?

MY 85 GT

10 Year Member
Mar 7, 2008
New Jersey
I was wondering if anyone has spintech mufflers on there cars..I have the full Mac set-up and dont like they way the mufflers sound...Like an old pick up truck...IMO....If so can you post sound clips please.....

• Sponsors (?)

I have Spintech ProStreets on my 93 LX. It was a pain to fit on, im running Flowmaster 2.5" tailpipes on them. they dont sound too bad, has a nice low tone....I do have to have new inlet pipes made for them, and have the whole catback readjusted so they stop hitting the damn framerail.

Ive got FMS shorty's and a BBK off road X going in as soon as i get my HCI stuff, so ill see how they sound after that.

I have Spintech ProStreets on my 93 LX. It was a pain to fit on, im running Flowmaster 2.5" tailpipes on them. they dont sound too bad, has a nice low tone....I do have to have new inlet pipes made for them, and have the whole catback readjusted so they stop hitting the damn framerail.

Ive got FMS shorty's and a BBK off road X going in as soon as i get my HCI stuff, so ill see how they sound after that.

Cool are they Loud? any sound clips?

If you want no drone go with Mac mufflers i hear aboustely nothing on the highway...my bmw was louder then this on the highway...No drone no sound...I have Spintech on my SRT-8 magnum its loud...So i was think of getting them...My Mustang has Mac long tubes..Off road H-pipe and Mac cat back...I thought it would be louder then it is...also to me it sounds like a truck with no tail-pipes....IMO...

i have em with some crap hedman long tubes and an H pipe. i like them a lot. i'm switching to bbk longtubes and either a pro chamber or an X soon though. here's a low quality vid of my car on the dyno earlier last year...

View attachment 311570

Cant listen to the clip im at work ill have to view it at home what mufflers are you using? I have pro shoot outs on my SRT-8 there tiny mufflers and sound nice...and the srt has cats stock headers My stang i thought would be louder but its not....:(

If you want no drone go with Mac mufflers i hear aboustely nothing on the highway...my bmw was louder then this on the highway...No drone no sound...I have Spintech on my SRT-8 magnum its loud...So i was think of getting them...My Mustang has Mac long tubes..Off road H-pipe and Mac cat back...I thought it would be louder then it is...also to me it sounds like a truck with no tail-pipes....IMO...

I'm going to have to say you must be deaf...

I have run Hooker, Flowmaster, Mac, Spintech and been in countless other cars with everything from Bassanis, to SLPs to Borla, probably EVERY muffler out there and ther is no muffler you wont hear. Also the Macs I had droned nearly as much as my Flowmasters.

I ran those mufflers with...

Shortys, Off Road H
Shortys, Prochamber
Shortys, Gutted cat H
Shortys, Stock H

Long Tubes, Stock cats
Long Tubes, Prochamber

And every one of the set ups droned and "made noise" at highway speeds. I'd get them ears checked if I were you. :D

I run Spintechs, O/R X and Long Tubes now...

YouTube - 5.0 exhaust video

I'm going to have to say you must be deaf...

I have run Hooker, Flowmaster, Mac, Spintech and been in countless other cars with everything from Bassanis, to SLPs to Borla, probably EVERY muffler out there and ther is no muffler you wont hear. Also the Macs I had droned nearly as much as my Flowmasters.

I ran those mufflers with...

Shortys, Off Road H
Shortys, Prochamber
Shortys, Gutted cat H
Shortys, Stock H

Long Tubes, Stock cats
Long Tubes, Prochamber

And every one of the set ups droned and "made noise" at highway speeds. I'd get them ears checked if I were you. :D

I run Spintechs, O/R X and Long Tubes now...

YouTube - 5.0 exhaust video

WOW that sounded awesome.....

No im not DEAF....What did you say.....lol.....

In that video i see the car has no Tail's i do....2 1/2 with 3 inch chrome tips also you have to remember my car only has 8.4 compression for the moment...:D...Im telling you my car is QUIET very quiet on the highway.....My SRT-8 with spintech is way louder then my Mustang....So either i must have defective mufflers or a defective car or maybe ears????:rolleyes: lmao.....I have no drone what so ever I know what drone is my Mag has alot of it...lol...here is a couple clips of my SRT with spintechs...In person the car is way louder....I want the GT alot louder then it is...so i called a place today that doea all my custom exhaust work and he gave me some ideas..I'll start a new thread on that...

Video of 2006 SRT8 Mag with spintech proshoot out mufflers no resonators - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Video of Spintech quick drive by - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Video of Spintechs wet pavement somewhat hard take off ESP kicking in.... - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I was wondering if anyone has spintech mufflers on there cars..I have the full Mac set-up and dont like they way the mufflers sound...Like an old pick up truck...IMO....If so can you post sound clips please.....

It's all in the engine setup, not so much the mufflers. If you've got a full MAC setup and it sounds like a truck, then it's your engine that sounds like a truck....after all it is the engine that's making the sound, not the mufflers. You can't make a bass guitar sound like a Les Paul, and you can't make a stock engine sound like a racecar.

This is 100% MAC exhaust from the engine back:
Video of Kenny's stang - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I'm not saying changing mufflers won't sound better or make you like it more...just trying to make a point.

It's all in the engine setup, not so much the mufflers. If you've got a full MAC setup and it sounds like a truck, then it's your engine that sounds like a truck....after all it is the engine that's making the sound, not the mufflers. You can't make a bass guitar sound like a Les Paul, and you can't make a stock engine sound like a racecar.

This is 100% MAC exhaust from the engine back:
Video of Kenny's stang - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I'm not saying changing mufflers won't sound better or make you like it more...just trying to make a point.

The 1st mustang couldnt have been stock...sounded like it has a decent cam in it...also im sure the newer 5.0's have a little more compression then my 85...Plus i was told by my Exhaust shop that does nothing by high quality stuff told me Mac mufflers are decent But with the Flows it will be what i guess i would say im looking for....Louder....:D....plus he going to custom make a set of mufflers with dumps that i can cap and have tails so i can drive it normal...If i want it loud then i can un-cap it again...I thought that was a good idea....

The 1st mustang couldnt have been stock...sounded like it has a decent cam in it...also im sure the newer 5.0's have a little more compression then my 85...Plus i was told by my Exhaust shop that does nothing by high quality stuff told me Mac mufflers are decent But with the Flows it will be what i guess i would say im looking for....Louder....:D....plus he going to custom make a set of mufflers with dumps that i can cap and have tails so i can drive it normal to i want it loud then i can un-cap it again...I thought that was a good idea....

That's exactly my point....the "sounded like a truck" portion you referred to is probably because your engine is mostly or totally stock. The louder you make it the more it's probably going to accentuate that sound. Also...nothing sounds more like a truck than Flowmasters...but that's just my opinion :D

Does your car sound like this? This is a stock 5.0 with an aftermarket intake and a 650 Holley
View attachment 311522

That's exactly my point....the "sounded like a truck" portion you referred to is probably because your engine is mostly or totally stock. The louder you make it the more it's probably going to accentuate that sound. Also...nothing sounds more like a truck than Flowmasters...but that's just my opinion :D

Does your car sound like this? This is a stock 5.0 with an aftermarket intake and a 650 Holley
View attachment 311521

I guess its kinda on that order...maybe a little quieter....Do they make different make mufflers? or kits...maybe i got the wrong set...lol

Search YouTube for "Manowar Bass Solo" and you may need to reconsider that phrase. :D