Suspension Subframe Gouged...

No.11

10 Year Member
Oct 13, 2009
Los Angeles
So my driver side front subframe is kinda gouged in two spots...

Question is... Will a shop have a hard time getting this fixed so I can install the MM full length connectors I just bought? Contacted MM and they recommended GTR High Performance in Rancho Cucamonga. Far drive for me but I wanna make sure I take it to someone who is gonna do it right.

Gonna give them a call tomorrow and also get these pics to them but wanted to get the opinion of you good people first. Thanks!!!

Attachments

• WP_20160817_20_14_27_Rich.jpg
    WP_20160817_20_14_27_Rich.jpg
    482.6 KB · Views: 171
  • Sponsors (?)

yep I got the MM full length ones.

You are half way there then. :nice: I would be fine with $200 if the welder was a good one and the job was done right.

You may want to pull your floor carpet beforehand. Talk to the welder about it. He should know what his skill set says is "the safe side".

Reactions: 1 user
car needs to be at ride height with the suspension loaded when youl weld up the SBF or you will have a welded in tweaked car. Makre sure all weld points are clean and shiny and then spray them with etching primer and some VHT paint. while you are at it. you may want to weld up the lower torque box seams.

I'm sure the guys at GTR HiPo will take care of it. One day I'll get a welder and learn to weld. Today is not that day lol

They're far from me in Rancho Cucamonga but ill travel for quality. If anyone knows of a quality shop that will do the job closer to Los Angeles area, though, I'd love to hear it. Thanks!

I'm sure the guys at GTR HiPo will take care of it. One day I'll get a welde r and learn to weld. Today is not that day lol

They're far from me in Rancho Cucamonga but ill travel for quality. If anyone knows of a quality shop that will do the job closer to Los Angeles area, though, I'd love to hear it. Thanks!

Heard good things about them. They are alwasys doing installs for the magazines.Is Ricardo still there?