Sup Guys

DSG_Mach

Jul 23, 2016
Hi everyone

I used to be on here with the handle 03_Trueblue_GT. I sold that car in January of this year and went a few months without a Mustang. I decided I wanted another one and purchased this 2003 Mach One for a good price.

Currently the car is down because the clutch failed. Never buy a Spec clutch! The clutch blew up and shot a hole through the transmission and I went ahead and ordered a new trans that can handle 700hp. The car I'm guessing is making 375-400 at the crank. I want to supercharge it so that's why I went with the 700hp trans. I don't think I will ever go above 500hp though.

The list of mods is long for the car
-Longtube headers
-X pipe
-4.10 gears
-Upper and lower control arms
-Strange adjustable shocks
-SHM Stage 2 cams
- JLT Cold air intake
-bigger throttlebody
-Bassani catback exhaust
-drilled and slotted rotors
- Has a wideband
-FR500 wheels with Nitto tires

unnamed1_zpstsbiragc-jpg.562045.jpg
unnamed_zpsj3tlyfog-jpg.562044.jpg
clutch_zpsywsormu1-jpg.562046.jpg
clutch1_zpssoe77khs-jpg.562047.jpg
trans_zpsiqjj3cxf-jpg.562048.jpg

Theres more but I cant think of anything else

• Sponsors (?)

Sorry you had a bad time with spec. I only use spec and love them. We've put them through the paces and never once had a failure or slippage. I've used them in at least 5 cars, all with lots of high rpm launches on slicks etc. That being said any product is prone to failure or a bad one from time to time.

Sorry about you luck, now may be a good time to upgrade to a shatter resistant bell housing.

Sorry you had a bad time with spec. I only use spec and love them. We've put them through the paces and never once had a failure or slippage. I've used them in at least 5 cars, all with lots of high rpm launches on slicks etc. That being said any product is prone to failure or a bad one from time to time.

Sorry about you luck, now may be a good time to upgrade to a shatter resistant bell housing.

Yeah I guess I just got unlucky with the clutch. I don't know if it was a stage one or two clutch. If it was a stage one then I understand it failing bc the car is putting out some power. I bought a mcleod clutch. I have everything but the transmission.

Mcleod makes good stuff. I did a dual disk install in a terminator a few years back. nice stuff.

I had a similar experience with Centerforce. Had one of those failed and sheer pucks in 5k miles. I'll never use another but obviously they make a good product as folks use them and have good luck with them. I get not wanting to risk another.